Chapter 43

"Bye," I wave to the extremely smiley Ty. He's been overall very cheerful today. "Wait!" He shouts and I turn back with wide eyes. "Okay way to draw attention" I mumble and the other workers look over to us.

"I'm taking you home" he informs me and I look him up and down curious. "Why- listen I appreciate it but you've never done this before" I pry and he shrugs. "You'll see" he answers and I eye him still suspicious.

"Not trying to have a big ego or anything, but you don't like me right?" I ask and he quickly shakes his head. "As a friend, yeah- nothing else" he continues and I put my phone in my pocket before walking with him to his car.

"Please don't kill me?" I ask sorta, and he looks up to the sky. "I'll think about it" he chuckles before getting into his car. I felt awkward just getting in. Taking a deep breath I just open the door and sit in the passenger seat.

Buckling up, he was practically already driving out of there. "So you've been extra cheerful today, is there a reason why?" I question him. "You'll see" he gives me nothing and I sigh. "I'm so getting killed" I mutter and he shakes his head still smiling.

"Wait! How do you know where I live!" I shout noticing we were going the right way, without any of my help or directions. "Are you a stalker!?" I ask and he chuckles again. I felt like an idiot. "Lily gave it to me" he nods and I relax before immediately tensing up again.

"How do you know Lily!" I scoot farther away and he just bursts into laughter. "Do you want to get murdered? If I were you I'd just let them take me home and not question them" he clicks his tongue.

"Well I know you know Lily, and you know about my sister- so if I got to attempt to fight you, I'm going to" I admit moving my fist to punch his shoulder lightly. "Ow. Well now I'm definitely not killing you, you're scary" he mutters.

"You're making me feel like a toddler" I groan turning to look out the window. I already deal with one... sometimes three" I whisper the last part, hardly audible. "How is your sister, I knew she was sick a bit back," he asks turning down our road.

"She's okay, it was a hard week. The poor baby, it hurt seeing her suffering. Then my boyfriend had a fever and didn't tell me, so I found out at work by accident- pissed me off, but he got over his in a few days" I rant and he nods slowing down a bit.

"Axel, that's his name right?" He asks looking around. "And now you know him too, are you guys friends and I'm just not included in this?" I ask seeing my house coming up. "I'm suspicious of you," I tell him and he nods. "I'd be too" he laughs.

Once we get closer I grow confused seeing Axel's bike in the driveway. "Why am I surprised, Lily practically invites him over every day" I grumble. "You don't sound excited to see him" he pulls into our driveway that was packed now.

"Oh that's not it at all, I just suck at being a boyfriend. He likes to give me affection and I feel like I don't really give him anything back" I chuckle. He gives me a sympathetic look before trying to think about it.

I unbuckle myself, and he follows suit. "I'm sure you're a great boyfriend to him, I know you're a great friend and older brother" he smiles at me and I nod. "Thanks, knowing my luck he's going to get sick of my attitude and leave, I can hope though. I really do love him... I don't know why I'm telling you this" I rant and soon start to trail off.

He opens his mouth to speak but I cut him off. "Is there a reason you're coming inside with me- you're just making yourself more suspicious" I sing and he rolls his eyes.

"Just get inside" he groans now pushing me forward. "Why? I mean- what's going on" I ask skidding to a stop. "Pleaseeeee just go in insideee" he yells and I huffed to myself. Fine then. Don't answer me... meanie.