11. Journey

************
A day later
************

Arihaan was busy reading his favorite book "Famous five" while glancing at the clouds every now and then seated comfortably. Raghav's charted flight had six extravagant seats but Reya and Shirav felt their father's lap was more cozy. Reya was eating her pink candy bar and Shirav was playing with Raghav's beard.

Raghav's sudden plan to visit Chennai has disturbed his perfectly organized schedule. He was called by a senior member of the political party he is now a major part of. He couldn't really understand what could go wrong to an extent that a party meeting was suddenly called.

Raghav was the heir of a South Indian political party Dakshina Sanskruti Samithi (DSS). His grandfather Raghuram Reddy was the founder of this party and his father worked in the capacity of a minister of Women and Child welfare. Raghav hasn't taken a position but is working in the core committee. His reason for shifting to India was also to acquaint himself with the party rules and members.

As Shirav and Reya fell asleep Raghav put them on the back seats and placed a comforter on them. He looked at Arihaan who was lost reading a book. He opened his laptop and started typing  a few topics he would discuss in the upcoming party meeting. He had his arch rival around and couldn't afford to be let down before him.

After typing he turned aside to look at Arihaan staring at him. Raghav patted on the seat beside him and gestured Arihaan to sit there. Arihaan obliged and they began talking.

R: What were you reading?

A: It's a story about five friends nanna.

R: I am sorry that I am taking you to Chennai suddenly and you had to miss your school.

A: (blinks and lowers his eyes): Fine!

R: You mentioned yesterday that you aren't able to sleep at nights. Why is it so?

To this Arihaan placed his head on Raghav's shoulder and with heavy tears in his eyes said "Nanna! I can't sleep without saying good night to Amma! She would always feed me a sweet and sing something. I am reminded of her and am not able to sleep".

Raghav knew the reason why his son couldn't sleep but never expected him to say it. Hearing those words shot a dagger in his heart. He gently placed a hand on the boy's shoulder and said "You know zoro darling, everyone around says that you are a carbon copy of me. Today I realized we are facing similar problems too. I might get irritated and angry but that would never mean you distance yourself from me. If you are facing any problem you are supposed to first come to me and tell me and ask any question that bothers you. Do you remember that you would often tell everyone that nanna never lies to me and I trust him".

Raghav further continued "My darling boy, I was just like you when we were kids. I lived with my mom and lucky in the U.S.A. I would never speak to mom about my problems because I would think she is already dealing with a lot. Lucky was the one always complaining and I thought being the big brother it was my responsibility to not add problems. Now I realize that it is wrong. You need to talk to let out your remorse and frustration".

Arihaan kept looking at Raghav's eyes all the while and asked "Did I make any mistake nanna? Why is Amma not talking to me?"

Raghav caressed his head and said "My boy is the most responsible and perfect baby in the world. He can never make any mistake. Besides you are too young to understand things. If I tell you whatever happened it will only spoil your mind against her. Just know that for your mother social service and getting justice for victims is more important than family. She might be right as well. Everybody has priorities. Even I pledged as a lawyer to stand by justice. She is very serious about it".

Arihaan wanted to ask more but realized that Raghav is already in pain talking about it and chose not to push further. He simply rested his head on Raghav's biceps and tried sleep by closing his eyes.

Raghav observed that all his children were asleep and decided ro reply Shriya. He opened his laptop to type the the mail.

*******************
Miss Shetty,

I have read all the documents sent by you. I do have certain issues with a few clauses you have drafted. I have highlighted and mentioned them in a document in the attachment. I would like to add another clause and that is I would sign the divorce papers only when I get the complete custody of all my children. Do consider it before proceeding further. You are aware that the consequences are not going to be good if you try to go against it.

Raghav
************************

Raghav decided to send the mail as soon as they arrive in Chennai. He looked at the clouds and was reminded of good old times.

*****************
London,
Two years ago
*****************
Raghav was packing Arihaan's clothes when Shriya came and hugged him from behind. Raghav had a smirk on his face and said "Seems like wifey is quite in a mood today".

She came forward to face him and said "Seems like Hubby doesn't want to hear the news at all". Raghav pulled her close to him but her growing belly was causing a hinderence. Raghav tried to get her lips but she moved saying "I guess we might be having twins". Raghav touched her belly and realized she was just few weeks through and she was already big.

They have their first sonogram in a couple of days. He said with a huge smile "Seems like I am going to be having two angles instead of one". Shriya pulled him closer and said "Let's divide the duties so that we won't fight later. I will do all the nappy changing and feeding stuff and you are going to bathe them. I can't let my duggu baby feel left out. You know despite having another ten children duggu will always have my undivided attention and I will be taking care of all of his chores".

Raghav replied "You are really spoiling Arihaan Sweetu! He is always behind you all day. What do you guys keep chattering nonstop? Anyway let me tell you one thing clearly. The complete responsibility of all the kids is yours. I am mot getting into that mess. You can do whatever you want. I have a bigger responsibility though.

Shriya angrily looked at Raghav and yelled "What is it again?" He brushed his lips to her ear and said "Taking care of their mommy". Shriya's anger dissipated in a second and turned into a blush. She smacked his hand as he kissed her neck.

He mumbled against her neck "Sweetu!I did not know that you wanted to have ten other children. I will be more than happy to help fulfilling your wish. I am very sacrificing you know".

Shriya pushed him away and said "It was a phrase to say duggu is important. Oh God! I hate you Feetu!" saying so she started taking fast steps towards the door.

Raghav shouted "Stop blushing like a new bride darling and watch your steps you might collide to some wall".

***********************

Raghav had a bitter feeling in his mind thinking about the past when an announcement was made that they were ready to land in the Chennai Airport. He immediately woke all his children and fastened seat belts around them.

Meanwhile Shriya has already checked in her room at Chennai and was unpacking her luggage.

********************
A/N:
Hi peeps!
I don't know if anybody is still reading this story. I got a comment recently and updated it. Please read it and comment. It really motivates to write.

Sorry for the huge delay.

I hope to make up for it.

Love