25. Petals

"Are you okay Duggu baby?" asked Shriya in quivering voice.

Arihaan nodded his head and looked up with sad eyes.

"Why did you wake up in the middle of the night?" She questioned worried.

"I did not find you amma! I thought you left again" he replied clutching her tighter.

She just nodded her head negatively looked at Raghav and said "When I leave I will take you with me this time".

Raghav was already looking guilty but her assertive tone made him worried. He wanted to make things alright but did not exactly know how to.

Arihaan sensed the tension between his parents as they stared at each other with intense expression. He simply said "Nanna! Will you also come with us when me and Amma leave? Berry and Cookie can live with Sanjana masi. They don't need anybody else. But I need you both. I will miss them but we three can live happily like in London".

Shriya was beyond shocked at his proposition. She thought the siblings had a great bond but looks like her Duggu was feeling extremely lonely despite their presence.

Arihaan ran towards Raghav held his hand and brought him towards Shriya. He asked them both to sit on the couch as he sat between them holding both their hands.

Both Shriya and Raghav eagerly waited trying to decipher his actions. He just looked at both of them and after much thought said "Amma! I know you and Nanna are not friends anymore. You are angry with Nanna. But Nanna doesn't have any other friend. I forgave my friend Shruti for not talking to me for two days. Nanna you should also forgive Amma for not talking to you".

Raghav ruffled Arihaan's hair and said "You know Zoro! I am the one who us asking for forgiveness here. So tell me how to do it as I have no clue how to make it all right".

Arihaan looked at Shriya who did not speak a word and said slowly "Nanna! You should give Amma a nice flower and say sorry. That's about it. Simple!".

Shriya felt uncomfortable. She did not like the discussion and simply said "Duggu baby! We will handle our issues. You are too young to worry about these things. Can you please go back to sleep as you have school tommorow?"

Arihaan nodded his head and kissed a good night on her cheek and waved his hand to Raghav and walked back to his room.

After Arihaan left Shriya simply said "I did not know Duggu would be awake. I had a melt down but I don't regret anything I said Raghav. Please leave and I will stay back tonight in this guest room".

Shriya walked past him to get her mobile but was stopped when he held her wrist. He pulled her closer to him and she observed as he picked up from the vase beside on the table.

Shriya simply shook her head. She spoke in am agitated tone "You can't be serious! He is innocent and you think giving a flower will sort it all?"

Raghav nodded his head in a negative way. He said in a guilty tone "Can you spare a minute to listen to me"?

She replied "Raghav! I did not say all of that to hear an apology! We are way past that stage. I don't think anything can repair our broken relationship".

Raghav placed the flower in her hand and said in a gentle tone "Maybe you are right Sweetu! Nothing can fix this broken relationship. But do I not deserve a chance to fix my broken Sweetu?"

Shriya looked at him breathing heavily. He clasped both his hands with hers that were holding the rose. He stepped forward covering the distance between them as he spoke with sincerity "I have committed a mistake Sweetu! A grave sin! I regret it with all of my heart. Believe me if I can go back in time I would never ever make that shameful statement. I love you darling. I have always loved you. Even that very moment when I questioned you there was love. A very muted and dark one. The type of love which is all consuming and destructive but never ceasing to exist ".

A lone tear dripped down on Shriya's right cheek. Raghav held both her hands in one hand while wiping away that tear with another hand.

Raghav's eyes had a mixture of guilt, remorse, sincerity and utmost love. It was only that pure love that Shriya wanted to see in his eye. Now that she caught a glimpse she couldn't contain herself. Shriya's eyes craved to see it. In that very moment her soul felt contended but her mind kept repeating that she cannot trust him.

She sarcastically laughed at the irony. Three years ago he couldn't trust her loyalty and today she stands not able to trust his love.

She did not think a second to voice her thought "You know Raghav! That day you couldn't trust my loyalty. Today! I cannot trust your love".

Raghav placed a hand on Shriya's cheek  as a sad smile adored his face "I never imagined it would come to this level between us Sweetu but please give me a  chance to fix you. You can think anything you want".......

"You....can ...ques...tion my love ..for you. But let me atleast fix you my darling. Let me atleast fix what I have broken. Please don't take that away from me. Atleast for the sake of our good old friendship" Raghav spoke in a low voice as his own tears betrayed him as he continued.

Shriya tried to free her hand but he didnot let her "You need not consider me a lover or a husband, even a friend for that matter. Consider me as a heartless and ruthless who wronged you if it helps. Please don't take away my chance to make that wrong right" He begged.

"The time for making wrongs right is done Mr.Reddy! Please leave my hand" Shriya nudged to move her hand but he did not let her do it.

He pulled her closer to himself and said in an apologetic tone "Mrs Shriya Raghav Reddy! Your health is deteriorating day by day. I am sorry if you are against it but I will only think of stepping back once I feel you are hail and healthy. I apologize once again for the inconvenience bit you are under my wing".

Shriya felt his hot breath fanning below her nose and above her lips. She blinked quickly to stop her racing heart.

Raghav gently took the rose from her hand and  plucked a petal saying "I apologize for everytime your eye shed a tear because of me. I promise to bring the joy and playfulness back". He plucked another petal as he continued "I am sorry that I made you lonely. I promise to always be a step behind you in all your coming endeavors".

Shriya couldn't frame a sentence as she looked at him flabbergasted "I apologize for not trusting your loyalty. I promise to always protect your honor from this day till my death".

Shriya placed a hand on his mouth as he uttered the word death. Raghav could see a whirlwind of emotions in her eyes. She simply said with a quivering voice "Never ever use that word again".

Raghav placed his lips on her forehead and simply said "I won't ever apologize for loving you with everything I had within me. However, I promise to love you more and more each passing day unconditionally".

Shriya closed her eyes as her ears yearned to listen to these words. Her heart thudded uncontrollably. All she wanted to do was embrace him and let it all soak in. To forever cherish his precious promises but she just gave him one last look and ran away closing the door with a thud...

*********
A/N:
Phew! This is one long chapter!
Thank you don't your lovely comments on last chapter.

What will happen now?

Your thoughts on

Raghav's promises?

Shriya's reluctance?

Arihaan! Duggu baby?

Do share your thoughts o the above ot really motivates me to write.

Love
❤❤