2. Case

Shriya entered the office to find empty desks. She stood in her cabin examining all the things that were haphazardly left. The first thing she decided was to clean the mess as she decided to resume full time work as well.

After about almost an hour of cleaning, she was discarding old papers. She found sticky notes on which it was written "Stay away from Mr.Reddy!" while the other read "You can do it Shriya". She half smiled thinking how things have drastically changed in her life.

Indeed she has come a long way. These days she didn't have to take pills for depression. Shriya's eyes teared up thinking about those horrible days. She would wake up in the middle of night just to find herself crying for no real reason. She would sob and wet her pillow till her eyes would droop. Depression can only be felt in a more pronounced manner after you come out of it and taste happiness.

She did not want to ponder on it any further and closed her eyes to make a quick wish "Almighty God! Please make sure that I don't have to face such circumstances anytime in future". She took and deep breath and thought when she has her baby and family around there was no scope for her feeling low.

She cleared her desk and placed laminated pictures of Arihan and her picture with Raghav. She smiled as she looked lovingly at them. She was gifted the picture of baby Arihaan as a wedding present by her father-in-law.

She then collected herself and looked at the picture of her husband and her and a smile adorned her lips

She then collected herself and looked at the picture of her husband and her and a smile adorned her lips. She felt it was high time for her to stop blushing like a new bride.

After feeling warm and gushing over her husband for a while she began to notice her pending files

After feeling warm and gushing over her husband for a while she began to notice her pending files. She picked one after the other and began going through them. She mumbled a 'come in' still lost in files as she heard someone knock the door. Her gaze shifted towards her new personal assistant Neeta.

"Ma'am! I have a very important case file, it was posted about six months ago. This person called several times but his file was thrown away. Today as I was organising old files I found this and thought to inform you" she said in a concerned tone.

Shriya felt guilty that a client was denied his chance to seek help for justice. She took it as personal responsibility to handle this issue as fast as possible. She enquired "Why is this person's plea denied?"

"Ma'am! His name is Aravind Bharadwaj! He is a buisness tycoon in Banglore. There are charges of money laundering against him. He says that he has come all the way to London before he was charged. Now he wants us to help him so that he can run his buisness smoothly here".

Shriya heard it all patiently going through his profile and questioned "Why did you not bring it to my notice? He seems like a genuine person struck in a monopoly. Look at his case history". Shriya's gaze became more serious as she heard no answer.

Neeta very hesitantly said "Ma'am! Actually Raghav sir stated that this law firm will not take up this case. He met Arvind in person". Shriya was confused but said "What's the point of bringing it up again to me when Raghav has already given a stance. Did you forget that he is our head and his decision is final?"

Neeta did not give up she said "Ma'am! That person wants to meet you personally. He says he just wants ten minutes of your time. He has been pestering me for past six months".

Shriya snapped at her saying "So you found an opportunity when Raghav is not in office and decided to persuade me. I will fire you if you behave with a personal agenda here. If he is pestering you, I would suggest you to seek security help. Please leave and never come back to me with this case".

Shriya took a deep breath and continued to sign a few documents. The rest of the day was hectic. She caught a glimpse of Raghav who was lost in discussions with a group of new interns.

She was packing and about to leave when he entered her cabin uninformed. He shut the door and pulled her towards himself. Shriya looked around and found that the blinds were down obstructing anyone from looking inside.

"May I borrow a few moments from your precious time Madam?" he questioned seductively tracing her lips with his fingers. She placed her hands on his chest to push him away but decided otherwise. She loosened his tie and he was startled.

"Are you sure? Here?" he asked shocked and excited. She gave him a slap on his shoulder and said "Shut up! I was adjusting your tie". Raghav's face dropped at her words and he faked sadness.

She removed his crinkled tie and began tying it again. He was constantly staring at her while her focus was on the tie and could feel his breath. Without looking up she questioned " Will you stop staring at me?". He pulled her placing both his hands on her waist and questioned "Do you want me to stare at other girls?".

She pulled his collar and said "Why not! Go ahead! I will burn this building down and both of you can stare at each other between the flames". She moved away but he held her from behind and spoke in her ear " I love my angry bird wifey" and placed a wet kiss on her ear.

She inhaled sharply as he did not stop there and went down towards her neck. She spoke in between "Why don't we stop here and go home? It's time to leave anyway".

He now turned her towards himself and said "You mean! Why don't we stop here and continue in the car and further after going home". Shriya raised her eyebrow though her cheeks were burning and red.

"You have a one track mind Mr.Husband. I have an important thing to discuss with you".

He sighed and said "Well! I am really tired Sweetu! Today was a hectic day. We will discuss tomorrow". Before she could speak his phone rang and both of them smiled looking at the caller ID.

Raghav put the phone on speaker and the person spoke "Nanna! Don't tell amma I have a su...rprise for her and you". They both smiled and heard Laxman from behind "I told you that it's a surprise for both of them and you spilled it already". Arihan said "Sorry Lucky! Nanna forget whatever I told you. I did not call you! Bye".

*****************
A/N:
Done with chapter two!

Do let me know your thoughts on it.

What do you think will happen now? Who is this new guy?