My Muse

August

When Aaliyah told me that she felt like she would die birthing our twins, my heart stopped and I had a bitter taste in my mouth. It was like something was holding onto my windpipe, like my heart was being stabbed repeatedly. I know that she been emotional lately but what made her think something like that? I don't know but I felt her pain and cried like a baby in front of her as I was trying to get her back to the positive, motivating person that she is. My baby showed them dumb ass doctors and nurses that doubted her, that miracles are possible. I will die inside if she ever left this earth without me, like I told her my soul will leave with her and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. 

Sometimes I gotta remind her that she's stronger than she give herself credit for, she birthed our twins naturally. Most women wouldn't even go to that route but she was a true soldier with the help from Ms. Badu and I, we brought the most beautiful human beings that I ever seen into this world. When I held both of them in my arms I was in love all over again, my princess had a beauty mark on her cheek and had my eyes, and my prince had two different color eyes like Momma Joy and Grammy, one green one brown. If they're going to be like their mother they'll both have dimples too, and baby girl might have freckles like her mom along with curly black hair like me. To experience birth and watching the woman you love push them out is beautiful, the fact that I helped pull them out of her womb was the greatest thing I could've witnessed. 

I'm not going lie though I thought something was wrong with them when they didn't cry but they were surprisingly calm just like their mother, I guess whatever she was feeling they felt it too. When Ms. Badu took them away from us I felt empty but I knew they were safe, I had to let sweets know how proud I was of her and thanking her. Also reminding her that she's not alone so I'm going take some pressure off her, she been through enough pain carrying our babies for nine months, sleeping as much as she could, so I'm going do everything to make sure she don't stress. After Ms. Badu left and put the babies to sleep Aaliyah fell asleep right after that, she was sleeping peacefully and I looked at the baby monitor to see the twins were up looking around. 

How can two babies not cry? Maybe their spiritually intact that nothing bothers them, I love that we both wore off on the both of them. I walked to their room and picked up the both of them then went downstairs to our fridge to see a couple of bottles already made for them. I warmed both bottles up then went back upstairs to their room to feed them. I sat in the rocking chair and was trying to figure out how to feed both of them until Aaliyah came walking in rubbing her eyes.

"You was supposed to wake me up when they were hungry"-She said pouting

"I'm sorry you needed some rest sweets but you can help me feed them I don't know how I'm going do this at the same time"-I said scratching my head

"Here give me princess"-She said reaching her arms out

I gave her princess while I held onto lil man, she sat in princess's rocking chair while I sat in lil man's rocking chair and we started feeding them.

"We should come up with names for them sweets we can't keep calling them princess and lil man"-I said feeding, rocking lil man and burped him

"I know how about you name princess and I'll name lil man"-Aaliyah said feeding, rocking princess and burping her

"Cool I was thinking something with an A to keep our legacy going, how about Armani Adore Alsina?"-August

"I love it, especially the names you chose that means warrior, love and respect then its even more cuter that she has the same initials as you. Okay since we doing A's how about Armari Amir Alsina?"-Aaliyah

"Damn that's a powerful name sweets, our babies going have so much potential I can see it now, we gotta tell our family too. But how you feel now that you're holding them?"-August