Ch. 10 - CO-CAPTAIN

Wren's outfit -

Chapter Ten🐺 Co-Captain 🐺

Chapter Ten
🐺 Co-Captain 🐺

Stiles, Scott and Wren skid to a stop in an empty lot near where Jackson and Argent stood by the porsche. "What's up?" Stiles asked as Wren leaned in between the front seats, "Is everything okay?" Scott asked and Argent smiled at them.

"Hey, Scott. Your friend here was just having car trouble. We're just taking a look." Argent said and Wren hummed slightly, "There's a shop right down the street. I'm sure they have a tow truck." She said and Stiles nodded, "Yeah. You want a ride?" He asked and Scott opened his door.

"Hey, come on, Jackson- you're way too pretty to be out here all by yourself." Stiles said and Scott gave Jackson a look making Jackson take a breath and walk over while Scott hopped up. "Hey, kids?" Argent said making them look over at him as he opened the driver side door before starting up the porsche, "Told you I knew a few things about cars." He said before walking over to his car.

They waited until Argent drove off before Jackson turned to Scott. "What, are you following me now?" Jackson asked aggressively as Stiles and Wren climbed out of the jeep. "Yes, you stupid freaking idiot! You almost gave away everything, right there!" Scott said making Jackson look at him weird, "What are you talking about?" He asked. "He thinks you're the second Beta." Scott said and Jackson furrowed his brows, "What?" He asked.

"He thinks you're me!" Scott said before hitting the jeep making Stiles look at him offended, "Dude, my Jeep." He said before looking at Wren who shrugged slightly.

"I can hear your heart beating from a mile away- literally! Now he thinks that there's something wrong, and now I have to keep an eye on you so he doesn't kill you, too!" Scott said before going to hit the jeep in frustration again but Stiles stopped him.

"Okay, how about we step away from Stiles' Jeep."

"This is your problem, not mine, okay? I didn't say anything, which means you're the one that's gonna get me killed. Okay? This is your fault!" Jackson said before pushing Scott making him hit the jeep, "Can we stop hitting my Jeep?" Stiles said. Scott pushed Jackson back making Stiles and Wren grab them, "Alright! Stop! Grow the fuck up." Wren said, shooting both of them a look.

"When they come after you, I won't be able to protect you. I can't protect anyone." Scott said before glancing over at Stiles and Wren making them look at him offended, "Why are you looking at us?" Stiles asked.

"You know, now you have to do it. Get me what I want, and I will be fine protecting myself." Jackson said and Scott shook his head, "No, you won't! Just trust me- all it does is make things worse." He said and Jackson raised his eyebrows. "Oh, yeah, really? You can hear anything you want and run faster than humanly possible. Sounds like a real hardship, McCall." He said and Scott nodded.

"Yeah, I can run really fast now, except half the time, I'm running away from people trying to kill me!" Scott said and Jackson rolled his eyes, "And I can hear things, like-like my girlfriend telling people she doesn't trust me anymore, right before breaking up with me. I'm not lying to you! It ruins your life." Scott said and Jackson rolled his eyes.

"It ruined your life. You had all the power in the world, and you didn't know what to do with it. You know what it's actually like? It's like you turned sixteen, and someone bought you a Porsche when they should have started you out with a nice little Honda. Me? I drive a Porsche." Jackson said before walking over to his car while Wren rolled her eyes.

"Porsches looks like insects. It's not impressive."

🐺

"Allison... when you said you needed to stop for an errand before we went shopping... a five-mile hike in the woods was not what I was expecting." Lydia said as she and Wren followed Allison through the woods, "Before I forget, I wanted to ask if you're okay with something." Allison said.

"Jackson invited me to the winter formal." Allison said making Lydia hum, "Did he?" She asked, pretending to be calm. "Uh-huh. Just as friends. But, I just wanted to make sure you're okay with it, first." Allison said and Lydia slowly nodded, "Sure. As long as it's just friends."

"Well, yeah. I mean, it's not like I would take him to the coach's office during lacrosse practice to make out with him or anything." Allison said and Wren pointed at her. "Hey! You said I wasnt to blame." She said and Allison smiled at her, "I'm just messing with you." She said and Wren playful squinted at her.

Allison drops the bag and unzips it, inside the bag she reveals a bow and quiver of arrows. Lydia looks down at it with wide eyes while Wren hummed slightly.  Lydia and Wren watches Allison take a normal arrow and twist off the bullet point. She replaces it with something that Wren instantly recognized as a flash bolt making her take a deep breath. "What does that do?" Lydia asked.

"We're about to find out." Allison says, she takes a firing position in front of a tree in the distance. Setting the arrow just under the sight, she pulls back on the nocking point of the bowstring.

Lydia tenses up and Wren watched in curiosity as Allison aims then lets the bolt soar, exploding against the tree with a bright flash, strange whirls of light spinning into the air. "What the hell was that?" Lydia asked as she, Wren and Allison looked shocked, "I don't know."

"Well, that was fun. Any other lethal weapons you want to try out?" Lydia asks sarcastically, Allison went to turn to them but stops. She turned her head as she listened to the woods around them. A moment later, they all hear it, movement through the brush and leaves.

"Hold this." Allison says handing Wren the bow. "Why are you giving Wren of all people a weapon? You know what kind of movies she watches?" Lydia asked, as Wren looked the bow over in amazement. "Because I thought I heard something." Allison answered making Lydia's eyes widen, "So... what if you heard something?" She asked.

"So I want to go find out what that
something is. Don't worry, it's probably nothing." Allison said and started walking away but Lydia spoke up again, "What if nothing is something and that something is something dangerous?" Lydia said making Wren raise her eyebrows at her.

"Shoot it." Allison said then takes off leaving Lydia to glanced around nervously while Wren just looked down at the bow.

🐺

"Okay!" Lydia said as she walked into Wren's room making Wren look up from her journal to look at Lydia. "Tomorrow, you, me and Allison are going to the store." Lydia said making Wren furrow her brows, "What for?" She asked and Lydia gave her a look.

"To find dresses for the formal, obviously." Lydia said and Wren nodded slightly, "Oh, I wasn't sure if I was gonna go." She said making Lydia raise her eyebrows. "What? Um, you are going. The formal is on your birthday. You can't just miss it, it's like a free Sweet 16 party that you dont have to plan or set up or pay hundreds for." She said and Wren shrugged slightly, "I don't have a date." She said and Lydia was about to say something but Wren pointed at her.

"You are not finding me a date." Wren said and Lydia rolled her eyes, "I was going to say just go as friends with your buzz cut friend or something." She said and Wren thought for a moment. "I guess that's a good idea. I'll talk to him about it later." Wren said and Lydia hummed and nodded.

"Now, what color dress should we wear?" Lydia asked and Wren chuckled before fully turning to her sister.