Ch. 14 - SHAPE SHIFTED

Wren's outfit:

Chapter Fourteen🦎 Shape Shifted 🦎

Chapter Fourteen
🦎 Shape Shifted 🦎

Mr. Lahey speeds down the dark road as raindrops pelt the windshield. He turns down a road and glanced down into an alley way before slowing to a stop when he saw an abandoned bike laying on the ground. He furrowed his brows and rolled his window down before calling out, "Isaac!" He yelled and waited for a moment before rolling the window back up.

He got out the car, roughly slamming the door shut before walking down the ally. "Isaac!" He yelled as he walked towards the bike, "Isaac. Isaac?" He asked before taking his glasses off, squinting slightly when he saw a figure standing at the end of the ally. "Isaac?" He asked before wiping his glasses off, putting them back in to see the ally empty.

"Okay, that's enough. Let's go!" Lahey said before taking his glasses off again, "That's it, grab your bike and let's go!" He said before noticing the figure again. "Isaac?" He asked before slowly holding his glasses up to see a lizard like creatures slowly crouch down. He quickly out his glasses back on and his eyes widened, "Holy-" He yelled before running back to his car.

He quickly got back in his car and tied to  close his door, "No! No! No!" He yelled as the creature tried to pull the door open. Suddenly the creature ripped the door clean off and Lahey screamed as the creature charged at him. His screams got quite as his blood dripped to the ground, washing away a bit with the rain.

Wren suddenly shot up in bed, breathing heavily as she glanced around still in her bed room. Natalie ran into the room making Wren look at her, "Are you okay, hon?" Natalie asked. "Yeah, why?" Wren asked and Natalie looked at her worriedly, "It sounded like you were having a nightmare." She said as she pushed some of Wren's hair out of her face and Wren sighed.

"I'm fine, mom. Like you said, just a nightmare. Nothing serious." She said and Natalie raised her eyebrows, "Mind if I asked what it was about?" She asked. Weren't went to say something but paused slightly before shaking her head, "I don't remember." She said and Natalie smiled at her softly.

"Try to get some more sleep, you still have a few hours until school." Natalie said and Wren nodded before Natalie walked out.

🦎

"You really don't remember anything?" Allison asked and she, Wren and Lydia walked up to the school's entrance. "They called it a "fugue state," which is basically a way of saying, "We have no idea why you can't remember running through the woods naked for two days." But, personally, I don't care." Lydia said, shrugging, "I lost nine pounds." She said said making Wren and Allison chuckle.

"Are you ready for this?" Allison asked and Lydia scoffed, "Please. It's not like my aunt's a serial killer." She says then turns around and heads towards the door. Allison turned to Wren in shock while Wren just watched Lydia with pursed lips. "At least we know we have our Lydis back." Wren said, looking over at Allison who just chuckled and shook her head before they both followed Lydia.