Ch. 29 - FRAYED

Wren's outfit:

Chapter Twenty-Nine⊚ Frayed ⊚

Chapter Twenty-Nine
Frayed

"Am I getting too close?" Allison asked as her, Lydia and Wren sat in the car, following behind the school bus which held the track team. "I'm getting too close, aren't I?" Allison asked and Lydia pursed her lips, "That depends... Are you just following the bus, or are you planning on mounting it at some point?" She said and Allison cringed slightly.

"Yeah, I should back off..." She and Wren shrugged slightly as she leaned forward, "Well, that also depends. Do you mean the bus, or the ex-boyfriend you're currently stalking?" She asked and Allison shook her head. "Well, after what happened, I'm not letting him out of my sight." She said and the Martin sisters both hummed and glanced at each other.

"And, by the way, this all started when he came knocking at my door." Allison said making Wren furrow her brows, "For what?" She asked and Allison sighed.

Lowering a book titled 'Thermodynamic Asymmetry in Time', Lydia glances to the dashboard. "So, is that whole "not letting them out of your sight"-thing literal, or more like a general rule?" She asked making Allison glanced at her as she followed behind the school bus, "Why?" She asked.

"You're running on fumes." Lydia said making Allison look down at the gas gauge needle to see it was right on empty making her groan. "Yeah... And I'm pretty sure that bus holds a lot more gas than this Toyota." Lydia side and Allison glanced at her, "What if we stop?" She asked.

"Is it really that big of a deal? I mean, so we lose them- we know where they're headed." Wren said as she looked up from journal and Allison sighed and shook her head. "You didn't see what happened." She said and Lydia raised her eyebrows as she she highlighted something in her book. "I know who started it..." She mumbled making Allison tilted her head and raise her eyebrows, "Is that what Aiden told you?"

"Aide ?" Lydia asked, looking over at Allison in amusement before realization crossed over her features, "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold on a second- is that why you invited me on this whole road-trip-thing?" She asked and when Allison didn't say anything she raised her eyebrows.

"Oh, my gosh! You're keeping an eye on them and me..." She said before glancing back at her sister, "You both are." She said and and Wren raised her eyebrows. "You're telling me there's nothing going on between you two?" Wren asked making Lydia scoff slightly. "I'm appalled by the insinuation, little sister!" Lydia said and Wren and Allison both looked at her in amusement.

"Nothing?" Allison asked and Lydia nodded, "Nothing." She said as she pulled out her lipstick. Lydia looks into the mirror as she absentmindedly re-applies her lipstick, until she notices Allison and Wren looking at her with raised eyebrows.