Ch. 34 - THE OVERLOOKED

Wren's outfit:

Chapter Thirty-Four⊚ The Overlooked ⊚

Chapter Thirty-Four
The Overlooked

Isaac and Wren stood in the halls of the school, Isaac gently held Wren's face as he looked at gash on her forehead. "You sure you dont have to go to the hospital with your sister? You could have a concussion." He said and she shook her head, "No, the EMT said I'm fine and that I just need to keep this clean." She said.

All of the sudden all the lights started flickering making them look up before Allison walked over to them. "I can't get a hold of Derek or Scott." Isaac said and Allison nodded slightly, "How's Lydia?" She asked and Wren sighed. "She's got bruising on her neck. My mom said they're taking her to a hospital downtown because Beacon Memorial is being evacuated." She said and Isaac raised his eyebrows.

"The storm's that bad?" He asked and Allison nodded, "It will be. And I overheard an EMT saying the back-up generators might be too old to last if the power goes out." Allison said and Isaac furrowed his brows slightly. "Beacon Memorial... That's where Cora is, right?" Isaac asked as he looked at Wren whose eyes widen slightly as she nodded.

"I'm taking the three of you home." Argent said as he walked up to them and Isaac shook his head. "No, we have to get to the hospital. We can't leave Cora there with just Peter." Isaac said as he grabbed Wren's hand and they started walking down the hall making Argent sigh.

"Guys." He said making Isaac and Wren stop and look back, "I'll drive."

They pulled up to the hospital and quickly ran over to the doors, the rain instantly soaking them. "Looks like the evacuation's over." Argent said and Allison looked at Isaac, "Are you catching a scent?" She said and Isaac shook his head. "No, not with the rain this heavy." He said before they walked into the hospital.

They cautiously walked past the front desk before Argent cocked his gun making Wren raise her eyebrows. "I'm gonna take that as a sign you're a little worried..." She said and he glanced at them, "Stay close to me." He said and Wren pulled out her butterfly knife. Isaac glanced around for a moment before stopping, "I think I heard something." He said making them look at him.

"Where?" Allison asked and Isaac looked at the ground, "Below us." He said before lowering it the ground, focusing his hearing. "Come on." Argent said after a moment making Isaac stand up and they continued walking down the halls.

They were about to come up to a corner but someone suddenly rounded the corner making them jump while Argent raised his gun. They sighed in relief when they saw it was just Scott with Melissa behind him.

"So, they're essentially trapped?" Argent asked as they walked into an operating room, "Yeah. Right." Scott said and Isaac furrowed his brows. "There's no way of getting them out without turning the power back on." He said and Melissa shook her head slightly, "But wait, wait, wait- if the power's back on, they're gonna hear the elevator moving, right?" She asked and Wren sighed.

"They'll be on Jennifer and Derek as soon as it stops." She said and Scott nodded in agreement, "We can't get in a fight with them." He said and Argent glanced at Allison. "You've got us now." He said and Scott quickly shook his head, "It's too much to risk! They want her dead, and if she dies, there's nothing we can do for Stiles' dad or Cora." Scott said and Argent frowned slightly.

"I don't even think I know which teacher this is..." He said and before anyone could say anything Isaac spoke up, "She's-she's the one with the brown hair? She's kind of hot?" He said making everyone look at him weird. Wren turned to him, crossing her arms as she tilted her head and raised her eyebrows making his eyes widens. "No, it's jus-just an observation... Definitely not as hot as you..." He said and Wren hummed and squinted at him, "Nice save, babe." She said.

"Guys, we have to figure something out." Scott said before Allison noticed Wren staring at Allison's shoes in thought. "What is it?" She asked making Wren look up at her, "Can you run in wedges?"

A little while later Isaac and Wren sat in the car with Allison on a video call. "You ready?" Allison asked and Wren gave her a thumbs up while Isaac nodded, "Yeah." He said and Allison raised her eyebrows. "You're not nervous, are you?" She asked,
"Do I look nervous?" He asked making Wren and Allison look at each other for a moment before they both shook their heads

"Not at all." Wren said and Allison nodded in agreement before setting her phone on the ground, stepping out of frame. "Do they look nervous?" They heard Argent asked, "Wren's fine, Isaac looks terrified." Allison said making Wren cover her mouth to stop from laughing as she looked over at Isaac who looked offended.

"Yeah, I can still hear you... very, very clearly..." He trailed off making Allison crouch down in front of her phone, "Just go as soon as you see them, okay?" Allison asked and Isaac nodded. "Yeah, yeah, I got it." He said before looking at Wren, "Do I look terrified?" He asked and she shook his head. "Nope." She said and he sighed, "I can hear your heartbeat." He said making her smile at him sheepishly before kissing his cheek.

Not too long later they saw the twins run past the camera making Isaac quickly hand Wren his phone before driving over tit the garage. The doors of the ambulance are thrown open as Isaac and Wren got out and Peter carries Cora out with Stiles behind him. "All right, come on, come on, come on!" Isaac says but Stiles pauses to notice something hanging on the door of the ambulance, a clipboard with forms on it.

'What is it?" Wren asked as she walked yo to him, "Guardian isn't law enforcement." He says and she looks at the paper. Down at the bottom of the sheet, Wren looked the line for a signature. Underneath the line it reads: Parent or Guardian making her eyes widen in realization. "Melissa." Wren whispered before running off, Stiles running off behind her as they both ignore Issac's calls.

Running into the corridor, Stiles and Wren sees Scott going for the stairs. "Scott!" Wren yelled as they both chased after him. They ran up the stairs all the way to the roof where they found Scott standing in front of Deucalion. "Scott, don't do this. Don't go with him." Stiles pleaded as Scott turned around to face them with teary eyes.

"I don't know what else to do..." Scott says in a slight whisper making Wren shake her head, "Scott, there's gotta be something else, okay? We- we always have a plan B." She said in a slight whisper and he stared at her for a moment before shaking his head.

"Not this time..." He said before taking a couple steps back, "Scott." Stiles said and he looked at them apologetically. "I'm gonna find your dad. I promise." He said and slowly, he turned away with Stiles and Wren watching as Scott walked into the darkness with Deucalion.