Ch. 61 - CREATURES OF THE NIGHT

Wren's outfit:

Chapter Sixty-One🎭 Creatures Of The Night 🎭

Chapter Sixty-One
🎭 Creatures Of The Night 🎭

A girl, with four healing scars on her upper arm and an almost healed burn on her side, stood under a steaming stream of water as Nurse Cross stood off by the door, holding a towel as she glanced down at her watch. "All right, you've had long enough. Let's go." She said but the girl didnt make any movement, "I'm not buying the catatonic act. So don't think that I'm going to drop my guard." She said.

The girl remained silent and motionless, as though she's staring off into space. Nurse Cross rolled her eyes and continues to speak with her in an aggressive and irritated tone of voice.

"I know you can hear me." She said before walking over to the girl, "Look at me when I'm talking to you. I said look at me!" She said and the girl didnt move. "Wren!" Nurse Cross said before grabbing her face making Wren look at her with a deadened expression as if she wasn't completely there.

After Wren is dressed into lounge clothes, she and Nurse Cross are walked back to Wren's room with an orderly named Schrader who stared at Wren. "Is she all right?" He asked and Nurse Cross looked at Wren bitterly, "She's fine. It's all part of the act. She's just a dedicated performer." She said.

Wren laid in bed as Schrader stuck a needle into a bottle of liquid, "Up the dosage to three mils. She wants catatonic? Give it to her." Nurse Cross said before closing the door and walking away and Schrader sat down next to Wren on the bed.

"Sorry about her, Wren. She doesn't have the gentlest bedside manner. But I can be gentle." He said as he slowly felt around Wren's inner elbow before looking at her, "I promise to be gentle." He said before pushing the needle into her arm and looking up at her.

"Are you all right, Wren?" He asked before slowly pulling the needle back out, "Sorry about that. I... Couldn't find a vein. I'll have to... Try again." He said before slowly pushing the needle back into her arm as he let's out a small breath as though this is some sadistic form of pleasure for him

He immediately hits a vein and draws the plunger back, causing a plume of blood to flow into the syringe. However, knowing that Wren is not paying attention to him, he pretends as though he missed her vein so he has an excuse to keep sticking her with a needle. "Hmm... I'll... I'll just have to find a bigger vein." He said in a slight whisper before slowly turning Wren's head to the side.

Squeezing the syringe in his fist  he prepares to stab the needle into Wren jugular. But before he could Wren suddenly bolted into a seated position with a gasp as the room shook with such force that Schrader stumbled backward against the wall. The syringe in his hand clattering onto the floor as all of the lights in the closed unit explode in a shower of sparks and broken glass.