prologue.

Florence Odette was a non-blood traitor Pureblood witch living in France with her non-blood traitor parents. In a neighborhood where she was surrounded by non-blood traitors. She wouldn't dream of socializing with muggles, muggle-borns, blood traitors, and half breeds.

At least that's the persona she kept up with her parents. She did not fancy getting disowned. She would get married and have a loveless marriage with a fellow (actually real) blood supremacist. With the exception that she would leave under certain circumstances.

So naturally, when soirée season came up she put on her perfect pureblood prissy mask to show just how perfect she is when in reality her insides are screaming.

It was April and the start of soirée season. The only part of the season that she enjoyed was the people watching and dresses.

Florence especially loved when a scandal or two would arise. She couldn't understand how someone got into such a mess. All you had to do was act ladylike and not be alone with the opposite gender. And, under no circumstance were you to partake in any unholy deeds.

She was currently in the small boutique getting her measurements for her dresses. The current gown she had had a full long fluffy skirt with flairs at the waist, it was a powdery purple color with tiny daisies embroidered on the sleeves that clung perfectly to the girls' pale arms, complimenting her skin tone and blonde hair and green eyes perfectly.

"Mother!" said Florence, "I quite like this green one." She was looking over at a dark forest green dress with a sleeveless upper half with a silk tie around the back that laid bare. "It would be good for the day events." Her mother, Renee Odette responded, "Are you sure green? Why not purple to represent papillonlisse?"

Florence attended Beauxbattons in France along with her best friends, Caroline Fray and Margorie  Rune. Her house is papillonlisse.

"No, I'm sure." Florence said, still eyeing the dress, "I already have a purple dress with a butterfly-looking skirt coming via owl."

In all honesty, the dress was from a french muggle designer (and it was not coming via owl) but, what her mother doesn't know won't hurt her.

"Very good, Florence." Renee nodded, "Get the dress sized accordingly. Then have the worker ship it to the manor."

"Yes, Mother."

Florence walked up to the counter, "Puis-je s'il vous plaît obtenir cette robe ajustée pour moi?"

Translation: May I please get this dress fitted for me?

The lady at the counter nodded and gently took the dress from Florence.

After the dress got fitted and Florence purchased it, "Et puis je peux juste prendre la robe maintenant. Merci." Florence smiled kindly.

Translation: And then I can just take the dress now. Thank you.

The lady took the dress off the hanger and folded it up nicely, she then took pale pink tissue paper and wrapped it up.

"Merci!" Florence thanked, She took the dress from the lady and shoved it into her purse with a special charm placed on it so it wouldn't wrinkle. She decided to take the dress then so the workers wouldn't have to worry about getting it delivered.

Sirius Black was a proud blood traitor. He didn't even try to hide it. If he could shout it from the ground all the way up to space he would. He sassed and disrespected his parents who were considered by some "the perfect purebloods".
He mocked and rolled his eyes at ever turn, having no plan of going into a loveless marriage.

His least favorite time of year was soirée season. He hated the fake niceties everyone shared, when in reality if they wronged one another, they wouldn't hesitate to blow their brains out.

He hated the fancy attire, and the slander of muggleborns. He hated having to look perfect, when he would rather be with his best mates drinking fire whiskey, wearing his signature leather jacket, screaming the words of his favorite songs.

He could never find someone who shared his views at these said functions (at least not anyone who would admit to such things.)

His brother, Regulus, was always better at acting as the perfect man for any woman. It never quite came to Sirius.

Of course, at Hogwarts he was quite the ladies man. He and his best mate: James Potter, had their own fan clubs of girls who absolutely swooned for the young gentleman. Sirius with his signature smirk and leather jacket, made any girl fall to their knees for him.

The only thing was he wasn't interested in any of the girls, they had eyes for him but he didn't.

"I am just fine with wearing normal trousers, this is unnecessary, Walburga." Sirius said, with a roll of his eyes at his brother from across the boutique. "No you will not." Walburga, Sirius' awful mother spat. "You must look your best, you need to find a wife."

"And I will." Sirius strained a smile, "On my own."

"Sirius Orion Black!" Walburga shrieked, "You will not speak like that. No woman will want to marry you. We have a image to keep at the Black House."

"Image my arse." Sirius mumbled before looking at himself through the mirror. He had chin length dark black curly hair, with the prettiest of gray eyes.

"You will find a wife this season, Sirius, you are seventeen. It is time. Don't tarnish the family name, you know the consequences." Walburga said calmly though there was a certain coldness to her tone. Sirius rolled his eyes and once again put on his stone cold expression paired with his signature smirk.

"Regulus," Walburga turned to the younger black, "You should start making connections. It is important for you to be well known for when your time comes."

"Yes, mother." Regulus politely nodded.

"The first event will be held at the Malfoy Manor. We are only doing four soirées this season: Malfoy, Lestrange, Black, and lastly at the Odette's"

"The Odette's, mother?" Regulus questioned.

"They are a respected pure blood family from France. Who are coming to the Britain soirées this year for a change. We must be well aquatinted with them." Walburga said, a glint in her eyes. "Renee and Christopher Odette have a daughter, Florence Odette. The girl is the same age as you, Sirius."

"She must attend Beauxbattons then?" Regulus questioned thoughtfully.

"Yes, Regulus." Walburga said.

The words were going right through Sirius. He was half listening to his mother half thinking that he would much rather be with his best mates (famously called the Marauders.) doing something mischievous. Not hearing about some girl he would only have fake niceties with even if that.

But, who was Sirius Black to know?

SOIRÉE, SIRIUS BLACK     जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें