13 - novum initium.

IT WAS WEIRD FOR FLORENCE to be at Hogwarts. Sure, she had heard many things about the school. Some good, some bad,
some even calling it Hogwash. The school was always mentioned at Beauxbatons, comparing the students there to the students here. It was more laid back but the coursework was more challenging.

That's how the blonde found herself working in the Library on her Transfiguration essay. After Florence had walked into the dorm room grumbling about the essay, a redhead perked up and offered to help. Florence later found out her name was Lily Evans. A very kind girl, the smartest Florence had seen in a while.

It was refreshing to be with Lily, The redhead reminding Florence immensely of Marjorie from back home. The two started talking after Florence had finished the dreaded assignment and realized they had a lot in common.

It had been a few days since that occurred and now Florence had a whole group of friends she got along with.

Marlene Mckinnon was the first one she met. The two immediately clicked and were already quite close despite only knowing each other a week.

Lily Evans the girl was the brightest witch she had ever met giving Appoline a run for her money.

Lastly, Mary Macdonald was a girl with dark hair and the prettiest brown eyes Florence had ever seen. Mary was a lot like Caroline, knowing everything about everybody, an extroverted popular but kind girl.

"So, what are pureblood soirées really like?" Lily Evans asked as they walked up the stairs making their way to Defence Against The Dark Arts.

Florence motioned for Lily to give her a second. There were exactly one hundred and forty-two staircases in Hogwarts and it was killing Florence. She didn't have to do as much climbing at Beauxbatons as she did here, her ankles were sore and her throat dry and she caught up with her breath.

"Don't worry, Flo," Marlene comforted from the left of the girl, "the stairs still knock me out and it's my last year here!"

"You never get used to it?" Florence panted finally catching her breath.

"Nope, but it is fine." Marlene waved it off, "Besides, even if there weren't any stairs you still have to dodge everyone in the corridors. You would think it is a magic school and all, the halls wouldn't be so slim but - no, they just could not bear to make it a little wider!"

Florence laughed softly before turning her attention back to Lily, "I mean it is okay sometimes, I suppose. You have to be on your O game all the time. If you have friends I think it would be okay. I made a few this past season but before it was unbearable, I'm not gonna lie. The only enjoyable thing before was watching the drama if there was any and the dresses. That's it."

"O game? You mean A game?" Lily asked.

"No, O game. Like Outstanding?" Florence said confused as to why Lily thought it was something different.

"That's not it," Lily laughed alongside Marlene.

"Hm!" Florence hummed.

THE TRIO WALKED inside the defense classroom. Florence liked the teacher very much, she couldn't quite remember his name though. It normally took her a bit to remember names. In her first year at Beauxbatons she had called Marjorie by Mary for the first month, and Marjorie being who she is never corrected her until Florence found out for herself.

Florence quite missed the girl. The blonde spotted Sirius sitting in the back of the room right next to James Potter, the two sharing hushed whispers. She quickly adverted her eyes missing Sirius looking at her.

The two hadn't talked since what had happened in the common room. Florence was furious, why had Sirius just up and left her after their little screaming match. How rude, Florence had thought.

She shook her head and threw on a grin directed
at Marlene as they sat down at the desk behind Lily who left the pair and decided to sit next to a boy with long black greasy hair.

"Ugh," Marlene moaned, "I am dreading this class, I didn't do the homework last night."

Florence scoffed, "I haven't done the homework in the last week, I do it all during the weekend. I work best under pressure."

"I have found my person!" Marlene declared, she leaned forward slightly tapping Lily on the back.

"What?!" Lily whispered turning around, "what do you want? The professor is about to come in, i need to focus."

The blonde rolled her eyes, "Please, anyways, Flo and I are the same person, she is perfect."

"You're so dramatic." Lily grumbled turning around.

"I'm right though!" Marlene smiled over at Florence. 

"YOU TWO NEED TO DO YOUR HOMEWORK," Lily told the two girls who were currently reading old muggle magazines.

"But it's hard," Marlene grumbled, while Florence hid her face with the magazine, "I'm not even here right now. I seem to be everywhere, but nowhere at the same time."

"No! You have to do your homework. It is a responsible and sensible thing to do. You can also impress your teachers!" Lily said shoving her parchment in a folder, "I won't give you answers anymore."

"What?" Marlene gasped, "You wouldn't dare to!"

"Oh, I would."

"For your information," Florence started, "I finished it in class."

"You finished a ten-inch essay in class?" Lily asked giving her a look lacking confidence.

"I will show you!" Florence took the magazine from her face and stood up to walk over to her bag. The girl took out a piece of parchment and handed it to the redhead.

Lily's eyes scanned the piece of parchment. She stared at it for the span of ten seconds. "Flo," she deadpanned, "this whole essay consists of one word: word. And you have it stretched through the ten inches."

"Valid if you ask me." Marlene said, "Can I have answers, Flo?"

"Yes you may," Florence smiled. "Wait, where is Mary?"

"You don't want to know." Both girls chorused.

note: short filler chapter