18 - tell him.

MARLENE GIGGLED QUIETLY AS SHE whispered quietly Florence's ear. The two girls were currently sat in the back row of the History of Magic classroom huddled close together so nobody would hear as Professor Binns droned on about something that happened centuries ago.

"They just started screaming at each other in the courtyard. It was odd." Marlene whispered laughing quietly as she played with her quill. "Anyways, you know anything interesting to entertain me from this class? I'm about to fall asleep."

Florence hid her grin as she whispered, "Sirius Black may or may not be my boyfriend."

Marlene gasped loudly, a few heads turned to send them a questioning glance but finally turned back to their desks as Marlene lowered her voice, "You finally got Black to commit?"

"Black asked me!" Florence said.

Wait, you two were a thing?" Marlene whispered, "Oh, I knew it!"

Florence laughed quietly as Sirius looked behind at the two. "Never can stop gossiping can we, Mckinnon?" He asked with an eye roll.

Marlene winked in response as she turned back over to Florence, "Have you told Mary?"

"No." Florence whispered back with a small grimace.

"Oh, Fun!" Marlene grinned excitedly, "can I be there when you do? I wanna see."

"Marlene!" Florence gasped shaking her head sarcastically at the girl.

"What? I'll defend you if she goes all mean girl." Marlene rolled her eyes leaning back in her chair.

"Yeah, but I was thinking of not telling her at all?" Florence responded quietly so that Mary wouldn't overhear from the row over where Lily and Mary sat.

"Well when she sees you and Black all cuddled up I think she will get the idea. It is best she heard it from you anyway." Marlene said leaning back what must of been too far as she toppled over on to the floor.

Florence looked at the blonde on the floor as she tried not to break out into a chorus of giggles. Marlene sent her a glare as all of the eyes in the classroom were on the pair.

"Nice going, Mckinnon!" Sirius whispered with a bright smirk on his face as James laughed alongside him.

Marlene blew a raspberry in his direction as she got up from the floor ignoring the worried look from Binns.

FLORENCE SAT ON THE GRASS in the Courtyard quickly scribbling down notes for Transfiguration as she waited for her next class and her friends were nowhere to be seen.

"Hi!" A girl with dark long hair greeted Florence with a bright smile, "Can I sit here?" She sat down anyways.

Florence sent her a tight lipped smile as she awkwardly scooted over.

"So, I heard you're new, is that correct?" She asked taking out a piece of parchment and a quill.

Florence pursed her lips as she nodded.

"Oh, how sweet!" She said cheerily. "Hogwarts is so much fun!" she clapped her hands together. "My name is Sarina, by the way, from Slytherin."

"Nice to meet you, Sarina."  Florence greeted finally meeting the girls piercing blue eyes.

Sarina smiled, "I heard through the grape vine you are going out with Sirius Black."

"Yup." Florence responded thinking this was the most awkward experience of her life, hoping that at any moment one of her friends would come and save her.

"Oh, Good luck." Sarina laughed a sickly sweet one that annoyed Florence very much, "My friend was with him and it lasted only a few weeks. He likes quick hits and then dips. Totally don't recommend."

"And you're telling me this because?" Florence asked starting to get fed up with the her.

"Just warning you, you know?" Sarina said, "You know girls supporting girls, I'm looking out for you."

"Well has Sirius ever been official with someone?" Florence asked matching the girls smile deciding to play it somewhat nice. She wondered what the girl was really trying to get at.

"Oh Salazar, no!" Sarina laughed loudly, slapping a hand to her thigh repeatedly. "Again, he only does quick flings, no strings ever."

"Oh, well, considering he asked me to be his girlfriend and I knew him for months beforehand and he didn't try to, what did you say? Hit it. I think I'm fine. But, thank you oh so very much for the warning." Florence smiled as she got up, leaving Sarina on the grass.

AS HER BODY LAID GENTLY in his arms Florence recounted the story of what had happened in the courtyard to Sirius. The couple was laying down on one of the couches in the Gryffindor common room. As Florence finished Sirius sighed as he looked down at the girl.

"I've never had girlfriends before," Sirius spoke, absentmindedly stroking her hair.

"I've heard." Florence butts in.

"You're my first one that truly matters. that means something to me. You mean something to me." Sirius finished reaching down to interlace their hands.

Florence squeezed his hand gently, "I never doubted you." She spoke sending him an affirming glance.

"No, I mean it. You mean something to me. Back at season when you danced with other guys I felt something I hadn't before; jealousy. That's when I knew I felt something towards you, so I got scared." He had finally communicated why he had ghosted her for weeks.

Florence smiled up at him, moving to sit up slightly, and laid her head upon his shoulder.

"When did you feel something?" Sirius asked, kissing the top of her head.

"Hm?" Florence hummed, confused about what he meant.

"When did you feel something for me?" Sirius asked, hiding the subtle smirk playing on his lips.

Florence laughed softly. The ego boost, she thought. "I think it was sometime after I constantly wrote to you like some desperate crazy person."

You should tell him about the betrothal.

Florence shook the thought off. Don't ruin the moment.

"I read every word you wrote." Sirius grinned.

Florence gasped, "Oh, you prat!" She accused, "how dare you not even respond? I put effort into those letters, making sure you were alive!"

Sirius laughed.

"What a waste of parchment." She mumbled, shaking her head.

"It was very much appreciated! I was hiding in my room from mommy and daddy." Sirius said, "I would've written back but, you know?" He stopped talking.

"Yes, yes, you were jealous of me dancing with-" she couldn't remember who, "I don't even remember who."

"We danced!" Sirius said.

They continued to banter for the rest of the night. The wandering thought of telling Sirius about Amycus still lingered on but seemed to be a lost thought.