14 - staring

SIRIUS BLACK WAS SITTING under a tree by the Black Lake with his friends. It was a early morning in the early weeks of May, the sun shone down on the castle, it was a perfect day to spend outside. Sirius had a problem. It seemed he had a thing for a certain blonde sitting with her friends a few feet over.

It was a new feeling for Sirius. Normally, he was on from one girl to the next. It drove him absolutely mad that he seemed to feel something different for her. Sirius despised the feeling bubbling in his stomach when she would spare a glance at the boys looking at her. He despised the feeling bubbling in his stomach when she told him she had a boyfriend she had broken up with.

"Prongs," he sighed, "I have a problem."

James Potter, his best friend and chosen brother chuckled from beside him, "You fancy Odette."

"W-what?" Sirius stuttered, "how did you know?"

"Mate, you cannot shut up about her. You never talk about girls, you normally just go for them." James shrugged, "Now, I am gonna take advantage of this conversation."

"Do you think Lily likes my hair like this..." James ran a hand through his hair, making eyes at the redhead far away, "...or like this?"

"She would have to be looking to have a preference." Remus Lupin spoke from across the two, leaning on the trunk of the tree finally looking up from his book.

"Oh, but Moony, she will be looking someday."

"Yes she will," Peter Pettigrew spoke.

Their conversation droned out of Sirius' mind when he caught Florence looking his way, he met her gaze and they held it for a while before she broke away to tell Marlene Mckinnon something he couldn't quite hear.

It seemed he had a staring problem.

THE CHATTER OF STUDENTS filled the halls of Hogwarts. Portraits looked down on the students walking to their next class, the voices of professors telling their students to move with
purpose could be heard echoing throughout the corridors. Although there was no sound to be heard from Sirius Black, he was walking alone, (shocker, right?)

The boy was heading his way to the North Tower to go to Divination. Sirius was the only of his friends to take the course, and in all honesty, Sirius had missed the last few classes. He didn't do well having nobody to talk to during class, so as long as he got the work done was it really necessary for him to go?

He climbed up the latter, opening up the trap door to the classroom. It was an interesting classroom; the divination classroom. Professor Alexandra was an interesting soul.

She wore long robes of various bright colors, always paired with big hoop earrings in the shape of tropical fruits, sometimes vegetables. She had red curly unruly hair that could rival with a lion's mane. She was a bright person, who glided around the classroom, looking into teacups and talking about stars.

It was a fun class to be in, Sirius had wished a friend had taken the class with him. In his third year, James had taken the class with him and the two would brainstorm gruesome ways of their mortal peril. Unlucky for Sirius though, Lily opted for Study of Ancient Runes, so James followed her to the subject.

Sirius' eyes moved along the classroom searching for an open spot. Upon seeing where there was one a grin started to appear on his face.