21 - breakups & goodbyes.

IT WAS FLORENCE'S LAST DAY at Hogwarts. She was currently sitting with Marlene as they eat the last breakfast.

"You know," Marlene started, her eyes scanning the Great Hall. "I complained about school for like all my time here, but I think I just might miss this place."

Florence nodded, "Considering I was only here for like two months, I liked it better than my old school." She shrugged.

"Of course you did. Didn't you have to wear like full on ball gown?" Marlene asked, taking a sip of pumpkin juice.

"At least they didn't make me sweat to death. I almost died wearing these robes, and the stairs here were so bad." Florence shook her head.

"Weren't you just saying how you just loved Hogwarts?" Marlene raised a brow.

"Oh shut it." Florence waved her off. "How is Lily doing anyways with Snape?" She asked. "Also, is it true she is giving Potter a chance now? I heard through the grapevine he matured a bit so now she is giving him a chance. I've been too afraid to ask her."

A giant grin passed over Marlene's face as she recalled what Lily had told her the night before. "Yes, she is! And for Snape, he is completely iced out."

"Finally, you could just tell she felt the same. It was painful."

Florence had only just finished her pumpkin juice when, sure enough, there was a rushing sound overhead and a hundred or so owls streamed in, circling the hall and dropping letters and packages into the chattering crowd. A big, lumpy package bounced off Frank Longbottom's head and, a second later, an owl with snow white feathers landed in front of Florence and Marlene.

"Fiona?" said Florence in confusion, softly taking the envelope from her parents owls feet.

"What are your parents doing sending you a letter on your last day?" Marlene asked.

"Not sure," Said Florence slowly opening the letter.

Dearest Florence,
Your father and I will be arriving at Hogwarts any moment after you receive this along with your Fiancé, Amycus. We have decided to collect you early so we can go back to France in preparation for the wedding announcement.

Your mother.

Florence could feel the lump in her throat. It was time.

"Everything okay?" Marlene asked worriedly.

"Peachy."

The tension was insufferable as Florence sat next to Amycus Carrow and across from her parents in the common room. Nobody had yet to say anything when none other than Sirius Black came strolling. Florence cringed as the situation had just gotten worse.

He paused at the entrance.

"What is this?" Sirius asked, his eyes trained on her.

"Can I talk to your for a second?" Florence asked.

"Oh, you didn't tell him, did you?" Amycus spoke up.

"Carrow..." she warned.

"Sirius," Amycus started, getting up to stand across from him. "Please, let me introduce you to future Florence Carrow."

Florence looked at Sirius and saw something change in his eyes. "Is this true?" He asked, his voice shaking ever so slightly.

"Sirius..." she started but he didn't let her finish.