20 - amycus carrow.

The crowds of students were passing the pair in the hallway. Florence was dodging them in the hopes of not being trampled to death. Sirius, who was next to her seemed to be having no trouble with staying upright was updating the blonde on everything. "James is just moping around everywhere like in the dorm room, in the common room, in the great hall everywhere. All I see is him mope and send hopeful eyes over to Evans whose current strategy is ignoring his existence. He has stopped trying to ask her out even! Claims he needs to now mature and, in his words better himself for her."

Florence smiled lightly at his dramatics. "I mean you two did bully her best friend..."

"Yeah, and then he called her a you-know-what!" said Sirius.

"I know and that is really bad, believe me, I am not Snape's biggest fan. I don't know Lily very well yet but from what I understand, I think she is more upset at the fact of what Snape said to her."

"Yeah, yeah," Sirius said as the bell rang and they walked into the muggle studies class.

As the professor droned on about muggle sports, Sirius kept poking Florence's side trying to get her attention as she was trying her best to ignore him. Her mind was on the letter she had received during breakfast that she had yet to read. Finally, when the professor released them for work time she pulled the letter out to read it. As her eyes drifted across the parchment she could feel her heart sink to her stomach. Sirius looked over at her and saw a look of worry on her face.

"You okay there, love?" he asked.

Florence peeled her eyes away and met his gray ones. "Me? I'm fine. Don't worry." she leaned to give him a quick kiss.

"You sure? Your face completely changed when you opened that letter." He asked worriedly.

"Just a letter from Caroline. I miss her, you know? I haven't seen her for months."

"I know you do. I bet they will come around at some point." He smiled softly.

"Yeah," She responded. Florence looked back down at the parchment with a small sigh, it was from Amycus. He wanted to meet. With a look behind her shoulder to check if anyone had seen what was written upon the parchment with annoyingly perfect calligraphy. She shoved the letter into her bag. Crumpling it in the process, ruining it. It was best that way, she thought to herself. If anyone found out about it, that would make it feel real.

Currently, Florence was holding the secret all to herself (not counting Lily who would never tell a soul.) If anyone found out, the news would travel throughout the groups of teens, it would be a known fact. She would start to hear the whispers in the halls about her betrothal, she didn't want that.

By keeping the secret concealed to herself it could be a tiny little secret. Florence could live out her last year of school with her friends and her love. Nobody had to know. It would give her time to figure out her next move to get out of it or figure out a way to tell those around her.

The next day, It was a Hogsmeade weekend. Florence and Sirius were walking hand in hand down the paths of the wizarding village.

"I'm guessing you want to hit Zonko's first?" Florence assumed since he always wanted to go there.

Sirius chuckled, "Actually, no, I have a surprise for you."

"Hm?" Florence hummed, looking over at him curiously.

"Just, look over there." He said pointing to the outside of a random shop. Standing there, was Marjorie and Caroline with bright smiles on their faces as soon as they saw Florence. "You said you missed them, so I figured why not have them visit?"

"We just couldn't stay away!" Caroline giggled, launching herself into Florence's embrace. Marjorie stood beside the two with a small grin.

"Oh! I have missed you!" Florence sighed.

"Well, you didn't care to mention how you got a boyfriend! You are moving through them fast, Flo." Caroline commented, eyeing Sirius.

Florence sent her a glance as she smiled sheepishly at Sirius who rolled his eyes in response. "Well she likes me the best," he commented, puffing out his chest.

Caroline almost laughed, "You're arrogant."

"Well, you're blonde."

"Okay?"

"So you're dumb!"

"Hey!" Florence hit his arm. "I'm blonde too, and I'm like fifty times smarter than you."

"Yeah, dude, find a better insult. This hair isn't even natural." Caroline blew a raspberry at him.

"Yeah, speaking of, when did this happen?" Florence asked, taking a strand of the newly blondes hair.

Marjorie scoffed and rolled her eyes. Caroline turned to look at her with a challenging expression.

"You ran into the dorm crying because of it." Said Marjorie dryly.

Caroline pursed her lips, "Now that's beside the point."

"No, I think that is very much on point." Sirius grinned.

Caroline sent him a scornful look, but moved on nonetheless linking arms with Florence, "So where to?"