07 - no response.

THE BRIGHT LIGHT SHONE THROUGH THE LILAC CURTAINS of the dormitory. The sun was slowly making an appearance above the mountains. The clouds moved to make for a sunny day. Florence's eyes started to blink open adjusting to the light.

Her eyes immediately flew to her desk where letters would normally be dropped off. Florence let out a sigh at the sight of no new letters awaiting. Which meant Sirius either hadn't read the letter or he wasn't answering.

Florence knew she had sent a stupid letter. She knew that he did in fact most likely know where his name came from.

She just wanted a response to know that he was okay and not upset. So, she had thought if she sent him a letter even with something not important she would at least get a response, and then maybe they could get to the conversation on why he didn't show up the last ball.

Florence didn't know why she cared so much. It's not like she cared about him, or learning constellations.

With a small groan, she got up out of bed to get ready for the day.

The blonde walked over to her wardrobe to pick out an outfit for the day. She wasn't in the mood to put on her uniform and her first class was potions with Professor Molina who didn't care what she did as long as she showed up. Florence would make her way back to the dorm to change in between classes.

She pulled her hair that was in loose girls from the day before into a low bun. Applying a light layer of mascara and eyeliner and brushing blush across her face.

She pulled on a pair of lilac flair pants with a black corset top paired with a white cardigan. Slipping on black converse on her way out.

Florence pulled her book bag closer to her body. She was walking the halls of the palace she had known for the last six and a half years. The walls were a pale baby blue lined with pictures of famous Veela.

She looked down at her watch to see she was running already fifty minutes late to potions, there would only be ten minutes left at most.

The time really got away from her.

The blonde huffed annoyingly as she sped up, her blonde curls bouncing up and down as she did.

Florence burst into the lit chamber, all heads turned to see who had just come in.

"Flossy, how honored I am for you to grace us with your presence." Molina said, as he set a cauldron down on his desk.

Florence blinked in response, never had he ever called her that nickname, nor had she ever heard that name used for her.

"You're welcome, Molly." Florence smirked as she took her seat next to Marjorie.

Molina gasped dramatically, "How dare you disrespect me!"

The whole class was staring, some with their jaws dropped. Apparently they weren't used to the student and professor's bickering.

"I'm sorry," Florence started, she then faked a cough that sounded weirdly like she was saying "no I am not." under her breath.

The teacher then gasped even more dramatically, if that were even possible. "I would say that I will put your grade down, but considering the lack of work I already have that won't work."

"Considering your lack of.." Florence started but was cut of by the bell. Students started getting up from their places, "The bell saved you, I lack nothing." Molina said as he made his way over to the door to let everyone exit the room.

"I'll get it next time."  Florence huffed as she picked up her tote bag to leave, Marjorie trailing behind with a look of mild horror. She was quite used to Florence's sharp tongue but didn't know she used it with teachers.

"Camille still not talking to you?" Caroline said while she scooped more bouillabaisse into her mouth.

"No words from her since the welcome feast." Florence confirmed with a roll of her eyes.

Marjorie who was sitting across from the two subtly looked over at Camille who was sitting alone, "I feel bad she is all by herself."

"Good riddance." Caroline said.

"Care!" Marjorie said.

"What? If she switched up that fast." Caroline responded shrugging, "What do you think Flo?"

"I am not going to think much into it. When she is ready to talk, I will too."  Florence said looking over at the girl sitting alone. She did feel bad about what happened but also didn't want to be blamed.

"I just don't want the drama." The blonde added as she got up from the table.

"Where are you going?" The red head asked softly.

"Back to the dorm, have to check on something." Florence said on her way out the faint sound of wood nymphs humming in the background.

Florence opened the door to the dorm room to be enveloped with the scent of jasmine and rose petals. The dorm had a natural smell of the two. The window was open so there was a light cool breeze flowing into the dorm. Florence smiled at the sight but then the smile quickly dropped to a small frown.

There was still no sight of a letter from a certain person.

Florence sighed disappointedly. She really couldn't put her finger on why she cared. She normally didn't care about any connections she made from ball season.

But then again, she had already made a friend there:

Andromeda Black.

That's when the thought of writing the brunette came to mind. It would be nice to speak to her once again and maybe she would know any reason Sirius could possibly be ignoring her or as to why he isn't getting her letter. She was most certainly not going to send a second message because then that would make her look desperate.

Dear, Andromeda

How are you? I miss you, my fellow dress lover. ;)

School is going well for me. It's nice to be back home and with my friends. How are Hogwarts and other things?

I didn't see you at the last ball. Are you doing okay?

I can catch you up on what happened on my part. It was very boring except for the part where the one and only Sirius Black insists that I meet him later so he can teach me the constellations since I accidentally let it slip I didn't know them. So, I agree and meet him but he doesn't show up, totally ghosts me. Do you have any idea why that could be? I don't know the boy enough to know. I'm not sure why I care, curious I suppose.

Hope you are doing well!

Love,
Florence