09 - i forgot that you existed.

Dearest Florence,

My apologies for the late response. I miss you as well!

I'm glad school is going well for you, it's important.

I have left Hogwarts, I was going back for an eighth year for extra studies but because of certain conditions I will get into later, I have since left.

My family found out about Ted. I had to leave home so I can be with him. I will not be attending any more balls, there is no point anyways even to see you. I would be hexed out. I have been burned off the family tapestry.

On a happier note, I got married! Ted and I are finally living together and happy. And, surprise I'm pregnant! It was a surprise, but I am very happy.

Luckily, I already had a place to live set up, so I am happy. You must come over sometime when you're in the area.

Sirius is odd sometimes, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Try and think if anything happened that could've upset him beforehand. If you think of nothing he probably just forgot. Just talk to him!

Good luck, and see you hopefully soon.

Best,
Andromeda Tonks

Florence was sitting in the library when she had read the letter for Andromeda. She couldn't quite pinpoint what she was feeling but it oddly felt like she was happy. Happy that she now would find the happiness she deserved.

The blonde had a small smile placed upon her face when a certain someone came strolling up to her.

"Hi," Marcus said grinning as he sat down next to her, "What's the smile for? Not that I'm complaining of course."

Florence looked over to him, "Just a letter from a friend."

He hummed in response.

"Can I help you?"

"Excuse me, I just wanted to look." Marcus held his hands up in surrender.

"Look at what?" Florence scoffed folding the letter in half and shoving it in her very unorganized bag. Trading the letter for her potions book opening it with a small sigh.

Florence glanced over at Marcus - who by the way was still sitting there - staring at her. She pursed her lips, "So..."

He grinned running a hand through his hair messing up his blonde curls, "I just wanted to see you."

She smiled, "You're so cliché,"

Marcus scoffed, "How is that possibly cliché?"

"You don't know how many times I have heard that one." Florence shook her head. She was desperately trying to focus on memorizing the ingredients in the Draught of Living Death.

"You have other people chasing you?"

"You're chasing me?"

"I didn't say that."

"Well, I didn't say that either."

Marcus broke out into a grin. "Do you want me to?"

Her grin now mirrored his, "Do what?"

"Chase you."

"Do you want me to want you to chase you?"

"That's up to you, Odette." Marcus got up from the table, the smile still painted on his face. As he walked away he turned around and yelled across the library, "And I am anything but cliché!"

Florence rolled her eyes with a soft chuckle. There was no hope of focusing on potions.

Florence was sitting at the desk in the dormitory. The stars were shining gold in the sky. A book was in between her fingertips, no pages had been turned for a while. The sun had just disappeared into the trees, the silver gleaming moonlight was the only light in the dormitory left. The faint hums of - what Florence assumed - grasshoppers were the only sound playing.

Her eyes were set on the sky. The stars that seemed so close but were far were shining magnificently. The blonde closed her eyes for second breathing in the spring air.

She didn't know what had gotten into her lately. How Sirius Black had possibly taken possession of her mind. They had barely spoken.

Florence didn't much care for it though. She didn't like thinking about him. Or how she had hung onto every word Andromeda had spoken about the boy. Trying to find some hidden meaning or something she missed.

The blonde hated how he had made plans to meet up and then left her there waiting. When Florence hadn't even wanted to meet up with him.

So that was how she had decided to forget she ever existed. It didn't do her any good to dwell on what had already happened.

Dear Andromeda,

Though I am sad I will not have you at the next ball. Congratulations! That is so exciting. You will be a great mother to your baby, I'm sure of it.

I would love to see your place sometime. I am glad you got out of the situation you were in.

I can't think of anything I would've done to piss him off, whatever I don't care. I'm over it.

Love,
Flo