08 - party girl.

A VERY UNKNOWN THING about Beauxbatons was that their pastries were heavenly. Florence much preferred the breakfast at the school compared to the lunch or dinner, she never was a fan of meat. There was always an assortment of different breakfast foods in the morning. The blonde always opts for the flaky deliciousness of strawberry eclairs, often shoving a few in her parcel for later.

So, it was no surprise to her friends when she came bustling into the dining chambers for the pastry.

"You're in a rush," Marjorie commented taking a sip of apple juice, she looked at the sight of the blonde shoving multiple pastries onto a napkin and into her bag.

"No, I just want to go to the library, this room is stuffy today," Florence commented. In truth, she was meeting an old friend whom she would meet on occasion to talk — and eat.

"So who are you sneaking around with?" Caroline said flashing her signature smile. The blonde narrowed her eyes, "I am meeting Apolline."

The group groaned.

"Why?" Marjorie asked.

"She is so full of herself." Caroline groaned, "how can you like her?"

Florence pursed her lips, "She is not full of herself. She is confident. And once you give her a chance she is actually really nice!"

"I'm sure she is," Marjorie started with a small smile, "Go have fun."

Florence smiled gratefully at the redhead. She always was supportive of the blonde even if she didn't necessarily agree with her.

"Don't do anything I would do!" Caroline yelled after her. "Oh, yes! There is also a party tonight starting at half-past-nine in the common room. Be there, Flo!"

Florence looked back and gave the girls a thumbs up with the pastry hanging from her plump lips.

Though Beauxbatons was a school that required the students to be polite and quiet. That couldn't be further from the truth. Sure, it was probably more uptight than other schools, but you could get away with more than you would initially think.

FLORENCE BUSTLED INTO the library. She was already running late to meet her half-veela friend. The two girls first hung out in the library last year, after finding out they both had Veela blood. Florence having a quarter Veela blood and Appoline having half.

Appoline got up from her place at a circle wooden table with a sway of her hips, her perfect porcelain skin shining in the light bleeding into the room. Her long silvery white hair flowing perfectly— as usual. She had a bright grin on her face, her silver eyes gleaming with something that the blonde didn't quite recognize "I'm skipping pleasantries,"

Florence gave her a quizzical look, "Okay?"

"Look over there-" Florence looked over across the room where the girl was meaning, "Subtly!" Appoline whispered urgently.

"I am being subtle!" Florence whispered back, "What are we even looking at?"

"Those handsome boys, of course." Appoline rolled her eyes as if it was obvious.

Florence looked across the room once more. She finally saw where the Veela was looking at. They were handsome.

"Okay, yes, they are good looking." Florence admitted.

Appoline stared at Florence for a few seconds, "What?" Appoline said nothing but pushed the girl forward softly. Nodding her to go. "I'm not sure what you want me to do." The blonde deadpanned.

"Must I spell everything out?" Apolline shook her head.

The green eyed girl pursed her lips, "Looks like it."

"Go talk to him. The one on the left: Marcus Murphey. A popular Bellefeuille seventh year. He is currently single so perfect for you — plus he is your type."

Florence huffed, "Fine,"

Appoline smiled triumphantly.

"Only because I know you won't give it up. And I suppose it would be nice to meet someone new."

"Correct."

Florence walked over to the guys. Her shoes tapping against the tiles as she glided.

When she was in front of Marcus she realized she didn't know what to say. The blonde quickly glanced down to his hands to see a ring placed on the middle one. "I like your ring." She internally cringed.

He looked down at his hand and grinned softly, "Thank you, I like your eyes."

Florence smiled softly looking down hiding the tint to her cheeks. "Thank you, I guess I like them too."

He chuckled. Florence noticed the light twinkle in his honey eyes. "Well, see you." The blonde said quickly turning around to walk away.

As she approached Appoline the silver eyed girl shook her head she was tight-lipped with an unreadable expression upon her face, "That was shameful, absolutely shameful to watch."

"I thought it went okay, I mean it could've gone better, but definitely not the worst."

"I like your ring," Appoline mocked before bursting into laughter.

Florence pursed her lips before picking up a piece of parchment that was on the table to lightly slap the girl.

FLORENCE DIDN'T THINK that she would be attending the party. However, Caroline insisted she attend to be social and not to crawl into her "little hole".

So, she digged through her wardrobe to find something party appropriate that wasn't a dress her mother insisted she bring along in case an event arose. She pulled on a contrast dark purple long sleeve lace top paired with a high-waisted long snakeskin skirt. Of course with her black docs. Pulling her long blonde hair out of her pigtails leaving her hair down and wavy.

Walking over to her vanity to open the drawer. Florence digged through all the makeup to retrieve eyeliner. She already had makeup on from the day so only needed to finish off the look with winged purple eyeliner.

The girls were already down in the common room partying. Florence was showing up fashionably late as it was a quarter past ten already.

When she descended down the stairs she was met with the blaring music and flashing purple lights. Bodies jumping up and down and dancing against each other.

To the side there were people talking and standing with drinks in hand of what she assumed to be butterbeer or firewhiskey.

Florence surveyed the crowd in search for a friendly face. She spotted nobody so made her way over to the drink table. She picked up one of the bottles of apple juice and took a swig. She really wasn't one to drink. The blonde looked at the sight in front of her. The people were jumping up and down dancing screaming the lyrics to a song Florence didn't know.

Florence smiled lightly at what was happening in front of her. She looked to the right of her to see a heavy snogging session happening a few inches from her.

Her eyebrows rose and she stepped sideways a few only to be met with a body. Florence squealed softly and looked up to be met with the honey eyes  of Marcus from the library earlier.

"Oh," she breathed glancing at his lips momentarily then back up to him meeting his eyes.