10 - butterfly littered fabric.

THE CORSET WAS STRUNG TIGHTLY, Almost making it hard for Florence to breathe comfortably. Her hair was done, makeup was applied all was well, for now. Florence had suffered from a terrible breakout day prior to the ball so she had applied enchantments making her skin look like porcelain.

Her mother was very excited for this ball in particular because it was time for the purple butterfly-like dress they had purchased months prior.

It was a soft lilac color dress with small butterflies littered across the fabric. It was a cloak-sleeved dress the sleeve being purple and silver butterfly wings. Her mother had placed an enchantment to even have the butterflies move every so often.

Her blonde hair is done into perfect waves. The look being finished with small white heels.

It was time for ball season to cease. She had successfully made it through! Though she was disappointed that Andromeda wouldn't be attending this one, it would be much more comfortable given it was taking place at her house.

The Odette Manor was alluring. That was the best way to put it - beautiful didn't do it justice. It was a structure, unlike anything Florence has seen before. It was a pale lavender color with many windows making it feel lively and home-like considering how big it was. On this inside it was luminous, it seemed there was no place where it was completely dark. Paintings of clouds and other small doodles littered the walls of the ballroom.

People were dancing and mingling with one another. Florence was standing in the corner watching. There really wasn't much for her to do. She had already made her rounds of talking to people and a few rounds of dancing with people she didn't know the names of.

Someone strolled up beside her, "Hi,"

Without looking the blonde responded, "Hello,"

"My sister liked you, I thought I might give you a chance - I'm bored." The person said in a voice holding no tone.

Florence looked over to see a young woman with blonde hair and grey stormy eyes looking straight forward.

"Narcissa, right?" Florence responded looking away.

"Yeah," Narcissa breathed.

"I'm bored too, I've already talked to everyone I need to." The green-eyed girl said, glancing over at the boy who she totally didn't care ghosted her.

"Except him?" Narcissa asked.

"Him?" Florence scrunched her nose up in confusion.

"Sirius Black. I've noticed you can't seem to keep your eyes off of him. I also noticed you danced with him at one of the previous events." Narcissa said a sly smirk appearing on her pale face.

"It doesn't matter," Florence played it off, "He just kinda ghosted me, but I don't care so whatever. We were never friends only talked like two or three times - or maybe it was once, I'm not sure."

Narcissa nodded, "I wouldn't take it personally, he is known of being kind of a player."

"I didn't like him in a romantic sense!" Florence said fully turning her head to look at the platinum blonde.

The girl hummed in response, "I have no part at these anymore, not as much as Andy-," she cut herself off, "Not as much as my youngest sister did. Bellatrix is already married, I'm engaged-"

"Who are you marrying?" Florence cut her off.

"Malfoy. My parents thought it was a good match, and I do like him so it's fine. I will be Narcissa Malfoy this summer."

"Summer weddings are good."

Narcissa smiled lightly, it was the first time Florence had seen the girl use emotion. "Yeah, I thought so."

"My sister was right, you are cool."

Florence grinned, "I know I am. When you speak of your sister you mean Andromeda, right?"

Narcissa nodded and quietly spoke, "Yes."

"Do you know who you will be marrying?" She asked.

"No, I have no suitors yet."

Narcissa nodded looking to her left, "Oh! Lucius is waving me over, I gotta go. It was nice speaking to you!"

Florence smiled, "you too."

SHE WAS ESCAPING again, this time she knew where to go though. She had memorized every floorboard, every chip of the paint, every portrait, everything about this house. There were times when the blonde was younger and she couldn't fall asleep so she would wander the halls searching for something to occupy her mind. This time, Florence was in pursuit of her room. Desperately wanting a break from the heels, that was an absolute killer to her feet.

Florence was walking the halls. Unlike the other homes, she felt hers was the most inviting. It still held the homely feel. Her family may hold the burden of prejudiced thoughts and ideals, but some twisted part of Florence stayed out of love for her parents, they were good to her. They still loved each other. Florence knew that the day would come when she would leave them, she just hoped it wouldn't be soon.

She finally found her room and creaked the door open softly. Letting no noise escape, in case others did was she did.

She silently entered the room closing the door right after her. Florence closed her eyes and let a breath escape her lips as she leaned against her door.

When Florence opened her eyes she certainly didn't expect the sight of Sirius Black in front of her. He hadn't spotted her yet, so if she wanted to make a big escape she still could.

He was on the balcony looking at the garden. The soft hair made him look enchanting. Sirius was doing nothing, just staring.

Florence had thought he must not have been well since he didn't care to respond to her letter. Of course, though, she knew she was lying to herself. She would've known if he wasn't well. Why was he standing in her room?

"He is alive!" Florence mockingly clapped a false smile on her face.

Sirius whipped his head around, eyes wide as he looked at the blonde before him, "What are you doing here?"

"Well, considering this is my room, I can be. What are you doing here?" Florence asked her hands on her hips.

Sirius shook his head and started for the door.

Florence closed her eyes and breathed in, "You didn't write back."

He stopped at the door his hand hovering over the doorknob, "I got no letter." And then he left.

Florence shook her head and followed him out into the hall, she was moving at a fast pace to keep up with him while also trying to keep her voice down so she didn't disturb anyone. "My owl never fails, I know you got it. And last time I checked it was you who insisted I learn constellations. So I think, "Hey! Why not?" Then I take time out of my night to meet you somewhere I'm not even supposed to be. Then you don't even bother to show up, not cool. I have never even done something I wasn't supposed to at these kinds of events, I'm normally perfect, I talk to guests and am nice and present."

Sirius turned around, "perfect, go back to being present."

"Fine." She scoffed, "goodbye, Black."  and turned back for her room.

Sirius lingered for a second after she had slammed the door to her room. "I did know," he whispered. He had read the letter over and over. He felt bad for ghosting her but it was necessary.