12 - oh please, don't flatter yourself. (interlude)

Florence was minding her own business, walking into the Gryffindor common room to meet Marlene to help her with something the girl wouldn't say, claiming to want to keep "the mystery alive". To her surprise, the common room was already vacated and it was only half-past ten.

The Gryffindor common room was drastically different from Ravenclaw, Ravenclaw was a light and airy room with stars painted across the ceiling, blue and bronze scattered amongst the room. Gryffindor on the other hand, was very crimson, it looked like a tin of paint had been spilled on each surface, it had a very homey feel to it. The room was full of squashy armchairs. The fire held an incandescent glow. There was only a whisper of light left in the room the fire almost running its course.

"You're ruining me." A voice spoke from the darkness.

Florence realized she must have been just standing there admiring the room as she was broken out of her admiration. She looked over to see where the voice was coming from — Sirius — Florence rolled her eyes with a scoff. "I'm doing nothing to you, Black, trust me when I say that not everything revolves around you and your pretty face." She slapped her hand to her mouth not meaning for the last bit to come out.

He chuckled darkly, "Pretty face? Hm,"

She scrunched her nose up, "I was not meaning to boost your ego. Please tell how I ruined you."

"I can't. You just have, following me here."

"Following you here?" Florence scoffed in disbelief shaking her head, "Oh, please, don't flatter yourself."

His grey eyes burned into her green ones, "What am I supposed to think? We meet during season and then you are magically here?"

She waved him off, "My parents liked it here more than home, to my dislike I am now here. I have left my friends I have known forever and broke up with my boyfriend."

Sirius' face dropped his eyes narrowing, "Boyfriend?"

Florence grinned widely, "Yes, boyfriend, what about it?" she hummed looking over at Sirius who's face had dropped.

"Whatever." Sirius groaned rolling his eyes dramatically.

"Glad that's settled."