epilouge.

A GASP ESCAPED her lips as she saw figures standing above her with teary eyes and the sullen faces of Mary Macdonald, Remus Lupin, Marjorie Rune, Caroline Fray, and Albus Dumbledore.

Her green eyes opened focusing on them, "What happened?" Her voice sounded hoarse and her head was killing her. Apparently being dead for a night will do that to you.

"You're alive!" Marjorie choked out flinging herself in Florence Odette's arms.

"How is she alive?" Mary shook her head in disbelief looking at Dumbledore.

Dumbledore's blue eyes twinkled as he spoke, "it seems, the relief and happiness of knowing Harry was alive and well overtook the affects of the curse Black used on her."

"What? No!" Florence gasped shaking her head lifting her body up so she was sitting up on the floor of the kitchen. "Sirius didn't hurt me, he would never! It was Peter, he betrayed the Potter's."

"He must've altered her memory." Caroline spoke up from her previous silence, kneeling down to the blondes to embrace her.  "Flo, it is okay, you're okay."

"I don't get it, I was dead!" Florence claimed, pulling away from Caroline. "Pettigrew came in here, like a creep, saying I was a traitor for leaving my family and I picked the weak side and then he killed me!" Florence's voice started to raise, shooting daggers at Dumbledore and the others.

They all looked at her with confused looks, almost all of them except for Dumbledore.

"I mean," she continued on her voice breaking slightly, "Why would Sirius alter my memory if he was-" Florence paused taking a breath before continuing on, "going to kill me? I would be dead anyways."

"Black was smart, he couldn't leave anything to chance." Remus spoke up.

Florence shook her head frantically, she was now crying. "You, Remus, you're his friend. Believe he was on our side!" She demanded looking to the man with teary wide eyes. "James was his best friend. Why would he as good as kill him? He loved him like he was a brother, they were brothers! And...Lily, my best friend. He wouldn't do that to Me nor James or Lily for gods sake!"

Remus sighed running a hand through his hair, "I don't know, Florence. I guess at the end of the day we all have our price and they gave him his."

A few moments of silence had passed, Florence's tears had dried and her face was impassive, "Well, Remus, I believed it too at first, i'll admit it. But then Peter walked through my damn door acting weird circling me telling me how he killed your best friends and then he killed me. Using an unforgivable, might I add, and left me here for anyone to find me."

"I-" Remus started.

"I'm not crazy!" Florence raised her voice cutting off Remus from continuing on. The girl was done with people telling her her fiancé was a traitor.

"I don't think you are." Dumbledore spoke up softly, walking over to her. "I'm going to have a look into your mind. If Black did alter your memory I should be able to reach past it. Hopefully, we can grasp what really happened last night."

A burst of images flickered through her, voices echoed as Dumbledore focused on finding what he was searching for. Finally, it stopped. Florence let a breath out she didn't know she was holding as the image of Peter circling her came into view. She felt like a hand had grasped her mind and then it suddenly let go as Dumbledore stood back up to face the others.

"It is true." Dumbledore whispered to the group, they gasped in response.

"No, really?" Mary asked, "How was Pete even capable of that?" She shook her head her eyes wide with devastation.

"Remus, have an order member do a locator spell to track Pettigrew and then track him down and capture him. Voldermort has parished so we don't need to worry about him or his followers they will be fleeing by now. After that, then we will have the appropriate evidence that can free Mr. Black."

Florence let a breath of relief escape her that she wasn't aware she was holding. Relief flooded the girl as she got up from the floor to embrace Caroline and Marjorie, sending Mary a smile on her way.

Dumbledore and Remus were making their way towards the door of the flat when Florence broke away from her friends.

"Dumbledore, where is Harry going to go?" She asked, if Harry had nowhere to go, she would be more than happy to take the boy in.

"Harry has already arrived at his Aunt and Uncles, his only living relatives." Dumbledore responded, moving his half-moon spectacles further up his crooked nose.

"Oh." Florence said her voice laced with disappointment.

The door slammed as Dumbledore and Remus departed.

"Well, I'm glad that you three are okay." Florence smiled. "Tea?" She asked the three as she walked over to the kettle.

"Um," Caroline started, "Don't you want to like rest, perhaps?" Mary and Marjorie nodded along, looking slightly concerned on how fast the blonde was recovering.

"I think that would be a good idea!" Marjorie spoke.

Florence laughed lightly, "Have a seat, girls. I have the rest of my life to rest."

All was going to be okay.

THE END.

author note: Another book done! I have truly enjoyed writing this story, I hope you have enjoyed it as Florence's journey comes to a close. I appreciate all the support and kind comments given to me. Until next time!

You'll see me soon.
- E