04 - rose bushes.

Florence looked back over once more to see that Sirius was now looking fond of the woman surrounding him. Her face faltered for a second before swiftly looking away. She didn't know why she felt some feeling. she couldn't describe bubbling in her stomach. She looked back at the boys with a smile, "What do you do for fun?"

The boys appeared to be mesmerized by her. It wasn't her fault she looked amazing. Her dress was a soft shade of purple made out of a floaty-looking material. Her hair for the first time during ball season laid natural, her only brushing it out since it naturally had a subtle wave to it. She had a light amount of makeup on since she didn't really need it. Her cheeks were naturally rosy, same with her lips. Her eye shadow is a light purple matching her dress. Mascara kept her lashes curled and laying upwards, a light layer of eyeliner, just because she liked it.

"I like to handle my funds."

"I like to take my mother shopping."

"I like to volunteer."

Florence thanked them for their time. Proceeding to all but run away from the lot of them. She found a safe haven behind a group of rose bushes. Pulling up the skirt of her dress to pull out her wand from where it was magically tied to her leg. She then pulled out a piece of parchment. She and her best friend Marjorie had enchanted a piece of paper to be able to write messages to one another.

"This party is so horrible. All that has happened is a group of boys bragging to me about their lives." Florence wrote on the purple piece of parchment. She waited a moment and the just like magic words started to appear on this parchment, "I wish you could be here with me, we all miss you very much. The dorms are only missing you, but they feel like everyone is missing. Time flies fast, we will be back to causing trouble soon."

Florence smiled before writing back with her eagle feather quill, "I hope it flies very fast. There is this one guy I met through. He claims he doesn't believe in the pureblood gibberish either. I made a friend also, she is very kind to me. It is very odd being with witches and wizards from Britain. I like it here, yes - France is so much better."

Before Marjorie could respond, there was a presence behind her, "Very risky, doing that here - I like it."

Florence's eyes widened before turning around with the parchment behind her back trying to look as innocent as possible.

"Trying to look innocent? You suck at it." Sirius Black smirked, it was almost like had read her mind, his grey eyes analyzing her.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"And a horrible liar."

Florence groaned revealing the piece of parchment, "I was just talking to a friend."

Sirius raised a brow, "A boyfriend, perhaps?"

She cracked a smile before laughing softly, "Oh goodness no. My best friend, Marjorie."

They were silent for a few moments before Sirius whispered, "Should we come out from behind the bushes?"

Florence had been gazing at him, more specifically his eyes they were mesmerizing. She had gotten lost in the moment looking at the boy. "You have pretty eyes." She blurted without thinking, when she had realized what she had said her face flushed a brilliant shade of red. "I- I am sorry."

Sirius looked over at her, "I like yours as well."

One plus of pureblood functions was the food. It was absolutely delicious. Nothing was dry or to moist, it was just perfect. Everyone ate in silence except for hushed whispers. This afternoon they were eating short rib and roasted potatoes.

Florence was sitting by her mother and Andromeda who would look at her every so often to smirk at the awkwardness of the meal. The breeze was cool and goosebumps rose on the arms of Florence, who had very much wished she had worn a long-sleeve dress for this occasion. The blonde wasn't really sure whose house this party was at but the property was absolutely enchanting to look at.

Florence was there but in her mind she was some place entirely different. During summers in France her and her friends would run around in fields laughing without a care in the world. Of course she would sneak out to see them but that was the thrill of it.

They would climb trees and mess around. There was this small little abandoned shed in the meadow that they made into their own. To the side of the meadow there was a little pond with a family of ducks they would watch while talking about anything and everything.

Sirius was sitting across from her next to a boy who looked similar to him with sky blue eyes. The blonde would look across at Sirius every so often, not for any particular reason but to just look at him.

note: small chapter again but whatever, enjoy!