19 - tie your tongue.

"COME ON, SIRIUS!" Florence groaned, handing him a piece of parchment. "This right here will help you."

Sirius looked over at her with a you-know-I-won't-do-that look. Florence rolled her eyes dramatically. Florence had attempted to drag Sirius into the library to study but the boy had claimed he didn't study for anything.

"I have better ideas of what we could do," Sirius smirked.

Florence rolled her eyes, "as good as that sounds." she said. "We have work to do."

"No fun, you are." Sirius sighed taking out a piece of parchment to apprehensively start his homework he had neglected to do over the past week.

After the library with Sirius, Florence was lounging on her bed, Marlene and Mary were on the floor doing their nails when Lily burst into the dorm room with a frantic look etched upon her face. Marlene raised a brow in confusion as Lily spread papers across the floor at a fast pace.

"You good there, Lils?" Mary asked

"NO!" The redhead all but screamed. "NEWTS are in a week and we have barely studied! WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO?"

"Um, we have been," Florence said, "You and I have been to the library three days this week already. I just got back from forcing Sirius to study."

"How was it?" Mary asked lightly. Florence had told the girl that Sirius had asked her out and they had started to date a few days prior. Mary had taken it well but it seemed like the two were walking on eggshells with each other.

"Good!" Florence responded with a soft smile. "It was hard to get him to actually do anything."

"Oh yes, when I was with him all he wanted to do was snog!"

Florence's face dropped, and Marlene shot Mary a nasty look.

Mary seeing this quickly apologized to the blonde.

"Moving on," Lily started walking around the room handing each girl a piece of parchment, "these are your study schedules, follow them and you should exceed!"

Florence looked down at the parchment and it gave her 2 hours of free time a day. When the girl was about to speak up Marlene beat her to it.

"Lily!" She gasped, "I need more free time than this!"

"Well it is your choice but if you want to fail go right ahead."

SIRIUS HAD JUST finished his N.E.W.T.S and was now sitting lazily in his chair waiting to be dismissed. He saw James yawn hugely and rumple up his hair, making it even messier than it had been (if that is even possible!) Then, with a glance towards Professor Flitwick, he turned in his seat and grinned at a Sirius sitting four seats behind him.

Sirius gave James the thumbs-up. Sirius was lounging in his chair at his ease, tilting it back on two legs. His dark hair fell into his eyes with a sort of casual elegance, and a girl sitting behind him was eyeing him hopefully, though he didn't seem to have noticed, as anytime he spared a glance at a female it was his girlfriend sitting near the back whispering with Marlene and giggling quietly. And two seats along from the girl who was eyeing him was Remus Lupin. He looked rather pale and peaky and was absorbed in the exam: as he reread his answers, he scratched his chin with the end of his quill, frowning slightly.

Sirius hadn't studied for the test, not feeling a need to. In all honesty, he hadn't even bought the textbook.

Sirius looked to the front of the room to see Peter looking anxious; he was chewing his fingernails, staring down at his paper, scuffing the ground with his feet. Every now and then he glanced hopefully at his neighbour's paper. Sirius stared at Peter for a moment, then back at James, who was now doodling on a bit of scrap parchment. He had drawn a Snitch and was now tracing the letters 'L.E.'.