02 - you, me, stars.

"Florence! Come downstairs." Her mother called out from downstairs. Florence came out of her quarters at the Odette manor. "Coming!" she called back.

Florence walked down the stone stairs passing portraits of her ancestors, they were all staring at her with small smiles, nodding to her as she passed.

Her feet touched the checkered tile that was centuries old. She passed her favorite library in the house before stepping into the drawing-room she only assumed her mother was in.

Florence approached the closed door to the room. She quietly creaked the door open. She walked quietly into the room to face her mother. Inside sat her mother in the big purple velvet chair. "You called?" Florence said quietly. "Yes," Renée started, "This season, I want you to find a real partner."

"What is your meaning, mother?" Florence asked, having a feeling what the older woman's words will be.

"A husband." She said simply.

Florence took a sharp breath in, her mind racing. She always knew she would be forced to marry. She always knew she would accept the proposal. But it seemed very soon.

"Okay."

The second ball had arrived. Florence had to admit that the Lestrange Manor was glorious. It was very different from any other manor she had seen before. It was tall and quite creepy — but at the same time — calming to look at. The exterior was a beautiful shade of black. Outside lay what looked to be hundreds of stone cracked beams that held the structure up. The manor looked magnificently tarnished, if that was the right word to describe the sight. The windows were elegant — no smudges to be spotted. But if you shifted your eyes you may see an imperfection.

Almost as if pureblood society wasn't perfect!

There were multiple servants and house elves outside to monitor and help with everyone's arrival. Many crowds of family's were arriving and stepping out of carriages pulled by themselves. The men were wearing dress robes and the girls wearing breath taking ball gowns of every color.

Florence was wearing a plum color dress to match the theme of attire for the night. The sleeves flowed slightly off her shoulders, inviting in the image of her bare shoulders. Her corset was pulled tightly, leaving little to no room for the blonde to breath. The skirt of the dress was very simple. But, the back of her dress made up for it.

Her back laid bare. The evening air tickled her skin. There was embroidered constellations, hers being Canis Major. The constellations lined her whole back, she figured it would make a great conversation piece.

The ball room of the manor was overwhelming. The interior matched the exterior. The walls being a dark shade of black, the tile floors being dark gray. It looked lit up but pitch dark at the same time.

People were dancing and talking, taking sips of their drinks to drown out the talking. Some looked terrified to be there and some looked like they were the best in the room. The biggest lesson Florence had learned from these events was, if you feel like you're the worst, act like you're the best.

So she did just that. She put on her perfect pureblood mask and raised her chin up in the air and sauntered into the room. She could sense wandering eyes land on her. She smirked in triumph.

She did just what she was hoping too. The girl has made an appearance but now could sneak away for her evening plans.

What were these plans? Meeting Andromeda Black.

The Black sister had wrote to the french girl to sneak away during the event to talk and hangout.

Florence couldn't help but oblige.