Chapter Nineteen

Inline comments please 🙏

Love can make you do things that you never expected!

"Shrey are you even listening to me?" Nandini yelled in frustration as soon as they reached their cabin. "I'm trying to explain since the time we left that cottage." She huffed in annoyance.

"I don't need any explanation. I'm just surprised at the fact that no one, no one but Nandini finds the lost Manik Malhotra in a vacation with her boyfriend."

"It was just a coincidence. I never knew I would find Manik over there. My phone got damaged and I just went in to make a call. That's it!" Nandini half lied because she didn't want to have any more arguments and saying the truth would do no good to their relationship. Though guilt did gnaw her head for the lie.

"I'm going to sleep. Goodnight!" Saying those words Shrey went to bed without even having food.

Shrey wasn't that impulsive ever but the mention of Manik after what happened two years back made him lose his cool. He wasn't an irate person before but it's said love makes you do things that you never thought of. It wasn't that he didn't believe Nandini but at the moment anger had clouded his reasons. Along with irritation, he felt hurt. Somewhere the thought of losing Nandini did raise it's head in his troubled mind.

Nandini, on the other hand, felt the same intensity of hurt as Shrey had never been that furious ever in their two years of relationship. Contrary to Manik, he had always been the calm and relaxed guy who could handle any situation. Nandini shook her head vigorously as Manik's name popped up in her thoughts. Even after years of their break-up why couldn't he leave her alone?

Now when she had met him again, things seemed totally different than what it was. Well from now onwards, his name was bound to be taken a number of times due to the current scenario. Her first priority was to make things normal between her and Shrey. She didn't want her past to ruin her blessed life with Shrey. She needed to think about her future rather than focusing on her past.

Making a firm decision, she went to lie down beside Shrey in the bed. Shrey felt her presence but pretended to fall asleep due to his rued mood which could further worsen their current situation.

Later in the middle of the night, Nandini woke up dreaming about how Manik led to their breakup. Beads of perspiration shone on her forehead.

"Are you fine Nandini?" Shrey asked offering her a glass of water.

"Yeah it was just a bad dream." Nandini replied taking a sip of water.

Though it was a dream, she was too scared about it. Sharing it with Shrey wasn't even a plausible idea. She just sighed and convinced herself that it was a dream.

"I'm sorry!" Shrey's words washed some relief over her discontented soul.

"Why?" She asked softly.

"I shouldn't have acted that impulsively. It's just that the mention of that scumbag made my blood boil." He let out a sharp breath. "Anyways I am sorry for my reckless behaviour. Henceforth, I will take care of it." He stared into her eyes, his heart beating loud enough for Nandini to hear in the dead silence of the night.

"It's okay Shrey! I can understand it. Anyone would have behaved that way." She smiled squeezing his hands in assurance. "I should have left earlier but seeing that man over there made me curious." She bit her lip in nervousness. "Hope you can understand!"

"It's fine! Now let's bury that topic and sleep well." He said lying down by her side.

"Can I get a hug?" He wiggled his brows.