Chapter Twelve

Inline comments please ❤️

Happiness is fleeting so enjoy each and every moment you have!

"Nandu are you coming or not?" Riya asked for the tenth time and as usual Nandini's answer was a big 'No'.

"How stubborn you are Nandu! I miss my best friend!" Riya almost cried over the phone but that didn't affect Nandini.

"Riya I told you I don't like Holi. I literally hate it." Nandini said holding her head between her hands. It was atleast the twentieth time she was saying this to Riya but her friend wasn't ready to hear anything.

"But you loved Holi!"

"I used to." Nandini hung up on her best friend.

She stood up from the reclining chair and walked towards the kitchen to make herself coffee. That had been her routine since four months when she shifted to her new house in Shimla. After returning from her hometown she worked day and night and with her first salary she searched for a rented house. And Shrey was a great help.

Shrey found a landlady for Nandini who rented her a room with a kitchen, attached bathroom and a balcony on the first storey. The rent wasn't too much, it was just five thousand per month, a pretty affordable price for her. Well, Riya didn't like the idea of her friend staying alone in some other house but Nandini being the stubborn friend wanted to live alone without being dependent on anyone. So Riya had no choice but to accept Nandini's decision.

In the last five months Nandini had proved to the company what she was capable of. She had become a favourite amongst her colleagues apart from her friends Riya, Shrey and Advik. Yes Advik too was included in her friends circle especially when he started dating Riya last month.

Regarding the budding friendship of Shrey and Nandini, everyone thought them as a couple. No, they weren't like that but their freindship grew over the past months especially in the absence of her boss slash tormenter Manik Malhotra. Nandini shared every little thing with Shrey and Shrey did the same. Their bonding sometimes made couples jealous but that didn't impact their friendship.

Riya knew about Shrey's and Nandini's growing bond and she exploited that to her benefit especially when she needed it the most. Like she knew Nandini wouldn't listen to her so she had texted Shrey that Nandini wasn't joining them in Holi celebrations. She had a gut feeling that Shrey would definitely do something which Nandini wouldn't deny.

Nandini, who was busy reading a novel while sipping her coffee, rushed to the kitchen when the milk had already splattered on the gas stove. Slapping her forehead she turned off the knob and wiped off the spilled milk with a cloth. She would always wait for it to reach the boiling point but when she would be busy with something it would create a mess on the gas stove.

Once, the milk was boiled she returned to the balcony to breathe in some fresh air. Last three months she had been living a peaceful life because her boss Manik Malhotra wasn't in town for some business purposes. The company was being managed by Advik alone. Nandini wished that he never returned but would that be a possibility? Probably no.

Nandini's phone chimed and she received a message from Shrey. She was about to reply when her phone rang up.

"What's up Nandini?" Shrey cooed from the other side.

"Nothing Shrey! What about you?"

"I'm leaving for the office. Today is holi and I'm an invitee." He chirped enthusiastically.

"Oh that's great! Enjoy then!" Nandini answered leaning on the railing.

"Why me alone? Aren't you coming too?"