Chapter Twenty Two

Cupid isn't always fair because he's the God of love!

Inline comments please ♥️

"Wow you are looking so pretty Nandu!" Riya wolf whistled just before entering the Gitz. Nandini seemed extra cautious of the slight revealing outfit she had worn. She didn't want to wear it but her best friend wasn't taking a no. Moreover, somewhere she felt she should try something new.

Early in the evening, Nandini received a text message from Manik that the meeting has been postponed to 8 pm. She heaved a sigh of relief as she didn't want to hurt Riya. And she was glad that Manik had postponed for some personal reasons.

"Earth to Nandini! Where are you lost?" Riya's voice broke her chain of thoughts.

"Uh I'm thankful to God that we're going together." Nandini smiled adjusting her floral bodycon dress that ended a few inches above the knee. The plunging broad neckline made her conscious a bit, but she decided to let go of such weird thoughts. The dress hugged her body at the right curves giving her a sexy look.

 The dress hugged her body at the right curves giving her a sexy look

Nandini's look

"Riya do you mind if I take the denim jacket along with me?" She creased her brows dreading a big no from Riya.

"Winter isn't here and you want to take a denim jacket?" A quick reply came as she dialled the cab driver.

"No it's just night time, you know a little cold in the mountains." Nandini spoke hesitantly.

"Stop making excuses Nandu. Do whatever you like!" Riya laughed before talking to the cab driver.

Nandini hopped into the back seat with Riya by her side after a few minutes. They reached the venue thirty minutes later.

"Nandu order something of your choice. I'll be back in a minute." Riya excused herself to the loo.

Nandini took a selfie of herself making a pout and through the corner of her eye she found Advik entering the restaurant. Riya too was coming towards the table at the same time. She smirked and thanked God for making her the cupid.

Smiling to herself, Nandini intentionally pushed Advik, who was then talking to the manager, so that he would bump into Riya coming from the opposite direction. Viola! Her plan did succeed. She stepped back mentally patting her back but unfortunately she herself collided with someone's hard chest.

A romantic scene was unfolding in front of her eyes but she didn't want to get entangled with some random stranger at a restaurant.

"Ouch!" She uttered as her foot twisted but thanks to the stranger she didn't meet the floor.

As her body bent down, it was swiftly grasped by two manly arms, her fingers perfectly interlocking with those of the slender fingers. As soon as she opened her eyes, her doe orbs met with that of chocolate brown. The mole near the chin that she was obsessed with around two years ago, confirmed her suspicion.