Chapter Seven

Inline comments are love

Life is not a bed of roses, you need to carefully tread amongst thorns!

The announcement was over in ten minutes. Nandini was entrusted with the task of a slogan for the advertisement. She slumped down on the chair holding her head between her hands. The mild headache gave way to throbbing. But today she had to think hard about a slogan and report to Shrey in two hours.

Today the office was in full activity cheered up with news of outdoor shoot that too in a beautiful town of Himachal Pradesh. But Nandini wasn't at all happy with the announcement of the place. She cursed Manik once again and also her fate that always created hurdles in her path. Going back to Kullu meant the revival of the haunted memories which she least wanted to happen. But no one can do anything when it comes to fate.

In the next two hours she tried hard to come up with a good slogan but her mind was blank. Her headache didn't allow her to concentrate so she decided to move out of her office to get some air. Shrey who was observing her decided to follow her. 

She crossed the road and walked down a narrow path, not the one she took when Manik had followed her on the first day. Shrey was following her but lost in her thoughts she didn't hear his footsteps until he called her out.

"Where are you going Nandini?" He asked with hands stuffed in his pocket.

"Shrey I just needed fresh air so thought to go for a walk!" He nodded with a smile.

"May I join you?"

"Of course!"

Together they walked down the narrow path and came to a halt near a bed of flowers. The beautiful fragrance of flowers filled up the spot making Nandini breathe in the sweet perfume. She perched on a rock and Shrey occupied the other.

The Himalayas in the background covered with white fluffy clouds, the stream flowing beyond the flower beds, was a beautiful sight to watch

The Himalayas in the background covered with white fluffy clouds, the stream flowing beyond the flower beds, was a beautiful sight to watch. The ethereal beauty of the flowers and the scenic background could make anyone fall in love with nature's mesmerizing charm.

It was a kind of heavenly abode that gave peace to Nandini's broken heart. She wondered why didn't she follow this path the other day. Shrey clicked some images of the awe inspiring view.

"Wow this is such a beautiful place!" She exclaimed with a smile on her pouty lips.

"Yeah I love to visit this place once in a while. Many people don't know about it but those who know never miss the chance to visit it." Shrey answered looking over the distant mountains.

Nandini rose to her feet and walked into the bushes and began collecting some flowers. Shrey was staring at her silently. He strode towards her and crossed his hands over his chest.

"What will you do with these flowers? Why don't you let them beautify this spot?"

"Sorry Shrey if I'm doing a mistake. But I love flowers and I'm going to make perfume with these." She exclaimed in delight, her eyes twinkling at the idea of making perfume.