Chapter Twenty Three

Inline comments are welcomed♥️

Things remain the same, believe it or believe it not!

"Nice to meet you Miss?" Mr Gadhwal, the client, stretched out his hand before Nandini.

"Miss Nandini Murthy!" She ignored and folded her hands in a namaste. On seeing this, a small smile spread across Manik's lips.

"By the way she is amazing, isn't she?" Mr Gadhwal then turned towards Manik with his hands stuffed in his pockets. Though he was talking to Manik, his eyes were fixed on Nandini, who by then, was grabbing her things to leave.

"Ain't you married, Mr Gadhwal?" Manik snapped his fingers right before his client's face startling him for a second.

"Yes but I'm a widower." He stated almost ashamed at his behaviour.

"But you've a beautiful girlfriend." He blurted out another second.

"What the fuck!" Manik cut him off, narrowing his eyes at him.

Nandini walked towards them, aware of what the duo were talking and the man's last words didn't annoy her, would be a big fat lie.

"She's just an employee. Am I clear Mr Gadhwal?" Manik said exasperatedly. "And why the hell you guys think that I'm dating her? What makes you think so man?" Manik snapped at his client, while Nandini widened her eyes feeling his temper rise.

"Mr Malhotra you're overreacting. You both look good together so that's how I guessed. Why are you so worked up man?" Mr Gadhwal sort of explained a furious Manik.

Nandini, with her previous experience, didn't want the matter to escalate further. It could have a negative impact on the deal, so she decided to step into their squabble.

"Mr Gadhwal----" Manik yelled.

"Uh Mr Gadhwal don't worry. He's just stressed about the deal. It's okay if you assumed things but that's not the reality. We just have a boss-employee relationship, that's it. Right Manik?" Nandini cut Manik short. She arched her eyebrows expecting a calm reply from Manik.

There was a brief silence for a moment until Manik nodded in a yes grabbing his black blazer from the recliner. Nandini thanked God for the storm of heated arguments got over quite soon.

"Okay! See you later on, Mr Manik." Mr Gadhwal had almost stretched out his hand before Manik but he withdrew it sensing the tensed situation. Manik showed him the way before slamming the door shut. Nandini was startled at his action but tried not to show it.

"I'm sorry!" He sighed running his fingers through his jet black hair.

"It's fine! People do assume things but we can't get angry over each one of them. If we keep on losing our temper, we would lose our peace of mind. It's better to ignore such pricks." Nandini's eyes crinkled but she stopped midway, afraid of the fact that her words might irk him up. Contrary to her belief, Manik smiled to himself.

"You are a good preacher, Miss Murthy!" He snickered. "It's quarter past nine. Shall I drop you?" He asked marching towards the main door.

"Thanks! But I'll try to go on my own." Nandini said moving out on the porch dialling Shrey's number.

"Are you sure you want to venture out alone in this weather?" He looked up at the dark clouds that lit up by a streak of lightening. She just nodded as she sighed with the phone pressed to her ears.

Nandini dialled Shrey's number for the third time but the same automatic voice 'the number you've dialled is either out of reach or switched off at the moment' could be heard from the other end. Frustrated, she dialled Riya's number that immediately got answered.