Chapter Thirteen

Inline comments please ❤️

Listen to Nazdeekiyan in this chapter!

Planning is good but it doesn't always yields the end result!

The morning rays of the sun entered through the window illuminating Nandini's face. She wiggled under the sheets and gradually opened her eyelids. The bright sunrays made her squint her eyes but nonetheless after twisting and turning on the bed she finally rolled off the bed. She drew the curtains back and prayed to the image of Parvati that hung on the opposite wall.

She checked the time it was already seven in the morning. She had woken up late. She just had a few hours of sleep. The constant tension of Manik's arrival didn't allow her to close her eyes. Hurriedly she completed her morning rituals and took a warm shower and then donning a beautiful lemon coloured slit salwar suit she arranged a plate for offering pooja to Goddess Parvati. Later she plucked some flowers from the little garden she had made in the front.

Nandini's look

Nandini's look

Nandini walked to the nearby temple that was just a ten minutes walk from her house. After offering pooja to the deity she seeked blessings from the Pandit.

"Is anything special today?" The pandit asked offering her the prasad.

"Yes Pandit ji today is my birthday!" She smiled.

"God bless you my child!" He said before she left.

In all these years, Nandini hadn't forgotten the family tradition of worshipping the goddess on her birthday. Once, the pooja was offered, Nandini came back and prepared some breakfast for herself. Taking a bite of the toast, she left for office. In hurry, she had forgotten to switch on her phone. She expected a flood of messages but there was nothing. Rolling her eyes off, she came and plopped down on the chair of her cabin.

"Good Morning beautiful!" Shrey chimed as he entered the cabin with a bouquet of yellow roses. "Happy Birthday Nandini! It's your birthday today so just accept this little gift from my side." He handed her the bouquet. Nandini blushed as Shrey's hand brushed her own while receiving the bouquet.

"Thank you Shrey!" She smiled,"How did you come to know?"

"Your best friend told me." He smiled and perched on the table top.

"Wow and she hasn't wished me yet!" Nandini huffed.

"Patience darling patience!" Riya barged in and hugged Nandini tightly. "Happy Birthday Nandu!" She wished.

"Thank you Riya but you know how impatient I am."

"Then I can't help!" Riya shrugged off, "You've to wait for the surprise!"

"What? Surprise for me?" Nandini squealed like a child.

"No for Manik!" Shrey quipped making Nandini smack his head.