Chapter Eight

Thank you all for the love showered on the previous chapter.

Inline comments are welcomed ❤️

Every dark cloud has a silver lining!

Nandini walked heavily on the snow cursing the gods for the sudden snowstorm. Had it not been snowing, she would relax in Manik's car until they reached their destination. Or would it be something else then? Maybe God had some other plans for her. Last thing she wanted was the devil's sarcastic remarks and his mental and physical torture.

Sometimes she wondered how could she fall for such a sadist person. It was her innocence and naive attitude in the field of love that she fell for his sweet and handsome looks. After all she was too filmy back then.

"Can you walk a little faster?" She heard him say without him turning around.

"Sorry sir I can't walk faster than this in this snow." She gave a curt reply.

"It's for your betterment. Don't complain about the cold later!" He stopped for a second and in a minute he took long strides towards the small cottage.

Nandini shaked her head in annoyance and gripped her jacket tight to avoid the bone chilling wind. The snowflakes fell obliquely against the only lamp post that illuminated the area. Trudging heavily on the the frozen ground she finally reached the cottage hidden amongst the pine trees that had turned white with the heavy snowfall.

 Trudging heavily on the the frozen ground she finally reached the cottage hidden amongst the pine trees that had turned white with the heavy snowfall

Meanwhile, the bus stopped in front of a small hotel for the passengers to rest for the night. Advik, Riya and Shrey checked in the same room though Riya had protested for not letting Advik in the same room. But since everyone was scooped up in small rooms she had no choice than to accept him as their roommate. Shrey desperately tried to call Nandini but as usual her phone was not reachable.

"I don't know what would that monster boss do to my sweet Nandini. I wish I was in that car instead of Nandini, I would have scratched his face red with my long fingernails." Riya huffed as she slumped down in the chair.

"Hold on what would you do to my brother?" Advik who just came out of the bathroom shot a death glare at Riya who seemed to pass out at any moment. She didn't want Advik to hear her blabbering.

"N-nothing I didn't say anything about your brother!" She denied it completely.

"Riya don't act too smart!" Advik crossed his arms over his chest, "Dare you speak against my brother I will tell him what did you do with his car that night!" Advik threatened.

Shrey who happened to listen to their conversation or rather say argument was baffled about what were they talking about.

"Go and say right now! I don't care because I've already deleted the cctv footage." Riya blurted out and then stuck her tongue out when she realised she that she shouldn't have let out the secret.