Chapter Fourteen

Inline comments please!

Love gives happiness but at times the same love can make you bleed forever!

"Manik!" Nandini mumbled the last time she touched the ground.

From a distance, she could hear him singing 'Happy Birthday Nandini' continuously as he descended down the stairs. The tapping sound of his shoes echoed in the empty house. Nandini looked up and found him staring right back at her.

"Liked my birthday gift?" He questioned with a smirk. Nandini looked away as she felt dizzy.

"Remember this forever! Do not mess with me! I'm sure this punishment will ruin you and you'll never go against me." He pointed at her. "Once again wishing you a very Happy Birthday Nandini'!" He said for the last time with an evil laugh before walking out of the front door leaving Nandini in a pool of blood.

Nandini raised her head and looked at the staircase before her. She bled the salt of her soul as it poured down her cheeks. She never thought she would have to see this day in her life. He had already ruined her the last time and he again inflicted the same kind of pain on her. Today Manik had crossed his limits.

Nandini was about to fall off the stairs as Manik had released her wrist. But he saved her to ruin her once again. As soon as he held her, he smirked at her and then let her hand go literally pushing her down the steps. Nandini rolled down the stairs and landed on the last step as the back of her head hit the hard railing and with a twisted leg she rolled to the floor and laid down there in a dishevelled heap. Blood slowly oozed out of her head, and a terrible shooting pain rocked her right ankle. Her back had scratches that were bleeding and the new dress she wore had developed a tear at the waist.

With excruciating pain, she looked up at Manik maybe for some help but how could the person responsible for her drastic fall both physically and emotionally come to her aid? Giving a blow to her small hope, he let out some horrible words and singing the song that she loved to hear the whole day he actually made her loathe him more. She closed her eyes as soon as he left her.

Nandini couldn't get up on her own, she was slowly falling into a deep sleep of senselessness but even at that moment she saw the phone lying at her front. She dragged her bruised body and dialled Shrey's number.

"Help me!" That was what Nandini could utter before a pal of darkness engulfed her fragile frame.

Shrey couldn't understand what happened to her but her slow and tiring voice immediately made him leave the comfort of his home. He drove at a speed of eighty kilometres per hour and within fifteen minutes he was at Nandini's doorstep that usually took half an hour. He knocked at the door but everything seemed silent. With a mild push, the door opened wide. It was pitch dark inside so Shrey turned on the flashlight and flashed it towards upstairs. As he walked towards the stairs he felt like he stepped on something sticky. Looking down, he gasped in horror as he found himself standing in a pool of blood.

Particularly at that exact moment, the electricity was restored and what he saw next was beyond his comprehension and he was never as shocked in his life as he was now. Nandini laid senseless on the floor in the pool of her own blood. Her face was covered with her hair and the back of her head still had blood oozing out. Without waiting for a second, Shrey called an ambulance and asked Riya and Advik to come to the nearest hospital.

He tied his handkerchief around her bruised head but the bleeding didn't stop. He wondered how much blood did Nandini lose in these few minutes. Moreover, he couldn't understand what happened suddenly within a span of thirty minutes. Did someone break into our house and attacked her with something? Every kind of questions came to his mind but he had no answers. The ambulance arrived in five minutes and picking up her weak frame he laid her out on the stretcher. Within a few minutes, the ambulance reached the nearest hospital.