Going to work.

Alastor had put Edith down on the porch to lock the door behind them. The girl looked at the front of the house with wide eyes. It looked so nice! A long gravel driveway with nicely cut green grass on each side with large apple trees in the middle of the grass on each side.

"Wow" She mumbles to herself, staring at the beautiful landscape. Around the house were neatly trimmed bushes with flowerbeds in front of them. It was very colorful!

Alastor finished locking the door and turned around to see Edith staring with wide eyes. He chuckles to himself and picks her back up. "You like the landscaping, my dear?" he asked her, smiling.

She nodded her head before looking back at the wondrous sight.

"I just had the grass and bushes trimmed the other day. They did a wonderful job, wouldn't you say?"

Again Edith nodded in agreement, still in awe from the color hitting her eyes. The man laughs and walks down the steps of the porch and onto the walking stones below that lead to a bright red and black 1929 Hudson Roadster that was parked in the front.

The girl went wide eyed again upon seeing the new shiny car. "I-Is that your car?!" she questioned.

Al didn't stop walking towards it. "Yes, yes it is. I purchased it about 8 months ago! Do you like it?"

"Yes! I do! It's pretty and the sun makes it look like it sparkles!"

Alastor opened the passenger door and placed Edith inside on the passenger side, closing the door behind her. She sat up straight and looked around at everything inside, her feet dangling off the seat, kicking back and forth in excitement. The man got into the driver's seat and started the car, smiling at Edith's happy and ecstatic expression.

"If I may ask, what has got you so excited darling?" He asked, curiously looking forward as he drove down the driveway and onto the main road.

"I've never been in a vehicle in real life. Let alone seen one like this before! Everybody just uses the trolley to get around." she said, leaning against the door and looking out the window.

"Ah, well, best get used to being in a car my dear. I am truly not the biggest fan of using the trolley systems. You don't get much personal space while riding on those." He said, shuddering to himself. "And those who know me know very well how deeply I admire the idea of personal space."

'Personal space. He likes personal space. Remember that.' Edith told herself as she continued looking at the window and the people, buildings, and roads passing by. When her knees got tired, she decided to sit back in her seat, facing forward.

After a couple minutes of comfortable silence she decided to ask a question that sparked up in her mind. She was surprised it hadn't come up before but it did now, so why not ask it?

"Where do you work?" She asked suddenly, breaking the silence, hoping not to come off as rude or strange for asking all of a spontaneously.

Alastor didn't seem to mind it at all, in fact he seemed happy to answer such a question. "I work as The New Orleans Radio Host, darling!" He said joyfully. "I tell everyone the news and weather, I also tell stories and jokes to my listeners."

Edith's eyes widened with shock and surprise. "YOU'RE THE MAN ON THE RADIO?!?!" She beamed, almost at a yell. It didn't bother Alastor, he expected this response. Being on the radio has made him somewhat of a celebrity around the country, especially in his home town of New Orleans.

"Yes, I am the man on the radio. I'm glad you know of me." he said.

"I'm sitting next to a radio host!" Edith said, cheerfully. "Wow!"