Disappointment.

The sun tenderly kissed the horizon, casting an orange and pink hue across the sky on the calm morning. It was relatively warm for this time of year. The denizens of New Orleans were slowly awakening to start their morning.

Men were combing their hair and gathering their briefcases for work.

Women were doing their makeup and fixing their husband's bow-ties.

Children were tying their shoes and running outside to play together.

Meanwhile, Sam sat in a tree, the ground staring up at him. He had been waiting for a while, daydreaming as he looked at the Saturday sky as it was slowly lit by the sun's rays.

The teen sighed when he realized the sky had turned from a deep orange to a nice blue. It was time for him to go back home. His sister would be waking up any second.

He used a brown rope to rappel down the tree, softly landing on the grass below.

The walk home was not rushed by any means. He didn't enjoy returning home empty handed .

It had been 2 and a half years since he and his sister began living with Alastor and lots had changed.

Alastor began to trust Sam a lot more, even lending him his guns and other weapons if he ever wanted to go hunting or just practice his aim. Like Al, the now 15 year old enjoyed shooting and hunting. Though, it didn't start out that way. He wasn't at all fond of the experience at first...

~

"There, he's distracted by the bait. It's the perfect shot." Alastor said, holding Sam's shoulders and adjusting his stance. "All you have to do now is shoot."

The teen felt the man's breath on his neck as he held the gun that was pointed directly at the buck's head. If hit dead on, it would be an instant kill.

Alastor released his shoulder's and stepped to the side, standing by with anticipation.

Sam stared intensely at the male deer calmly consuming the bait on the ground, blissfully ignorant of the danger he was in.

A bead of cold sweat dripped from Sam's left temple, his hands beginning to shiver. The world blurred ever so slightly as his eyes went in and out of focus.

His heart ached for the poor deer who was just happy to have found a nice meal on the forest floor.

The teen's shaking began to intensify with every passing second. Eventually the rattling of the gun rang into their ears before Sam sighed loudly, lowering the weapon and aiming it at the ground.

"I-I can't." Sam admitted defeatedly, avoiding eye contact with the man standing next to him. "I just can't."

Alastor stared at him for a moment before humming lightly.

His reaction confused Sam until the gun from his hand was suddenly taken away, it was then when the boy looked up and saw Alastor aiming the gun once more towards the poor creature.

Before he could even react, Sam's ear began ringing from the loud gunshot followed by the thump of the buck collapsing to the ground.

Sam clenched his eyelids shut as he gasped and turned his head away in a mix of emotions. His empathy for the animal was at an all time high.

"There. It's that simple." Alastor said, his sprightly voice failing to make Sam feel any better.

"H-How... How can you-"