Learning the ropes.

Hi readers! Just want to share that I will be at Megacon (an epic convention at the time of writing this) for a bit so the next chapter might be slightly later than usual since I'm rather busy. Thanks for understandinggg!!

~

Finally, Alastor's thoughts calmed enough for him to get a few hours of shut eye. However, when he heard his wind up alarm clock go off, it felt as though he had only had his eyes closed for a few seconds.

There simply weren't enough hours in the night for him to get a proper night's rest. Despite Alastor wanting to go back to sleep. He had something important to do at this early hour.

With that, he slowly and tiredly reached over to press the cold button on top of his clock to stop its chimes. Hours ago he set his alarm to wake him up at five in the morning, a good enough time for what he had planned, but definitely not enough time for him to be reenergized completely.

After stretching and shakily sitting up, the man felt around his nightstand drawer before grabbing a small matchbox, striking a match against the rough paper and lighting the candles by his nightstand, the faint warm smell of fire and smoke filling his nostrils.

Now able to see, Alastor walked over to his closet and changed into his hunting clothes. His coat, pants, shirt, gloves, and scarf were mostly brown and dark green, choices he made for a specific reason.

As he made his way towards the stairs, he made sure to stop in the parlor, turning to the left and reviewing his weapons that mostly consist of guns and bows and arrows.

A decently sized Winchester rifle was Alastor's gun of choice when it came to teaching someone how to shoot. It was relatively simple to use.

With his weapon now around his shoulder, Alastor made his way downstairs, gently placing his gun by the door and heading into the library to start a fire. It would be a shame if the guest he was expecting any time now had to spend the morning in a miserably cold environment.

When the fire was started and properly going, Alastor continued his prep

It was only a few minutes later when he decided to wake Samuel, who was dazed and confused as to why he was being woken up so early in the morning. Surprised to see Alastor waking him up and not Edith or even just his inner time clock, he sprang up into a sitting up position, worried that something had happened.

"Everything is fine, there is no need for worries." Alastor shushed the teen.

Sam rubbed his eyes, trying his best to keep them open. "Are you sure? What's going on?" He asked, not making much of an attempt to be quiet.

"Hush up now. We wouldn't want to wake your darling sibling from her slumber, would we?"

The teen shook his head. Of course he wouldn't.

"Now then, best you get yourself dressed quickly now, Samuel. Dress warmly and in brown or green." He instructed.

"Um.. Okay?" Sam responded, matching the whispering tone Alastor had. With that, the elder left him to his devices.

When Alastor had once again gotten downstairs, a sudden sound of a knock on the door was exactly what he was wanting to hear. He made haste to open it, not wanting to leave his visitor outside in the cold when his home was nice and warm, courtesy of the fire he had started earlier.