New Normal.

Very interesting indeed.

~

Shaking off the uncomfortable feeling from the situation that just took place, Alastor took out his silver pocket watch, clicking the button to open it.

"My, my, it would seem I've lost track of time!" Alastor exclaimed, closing his pocket watch and placing it back into his vest pocket. "I was going to drive you both back home but I suppose with the lack of time I will just have to bring you both to my workplace with me."

As the three grabbed their things and put on their coats to leave. Alastor thought carefully to himself.

A simple slip up in timekeeping, a mistake. At least, that's what he led Samuel and Edith to believe, but Alastor was well aware of the truth. This 'simple mistake' was anything but a mistake. Rather, an intended 'slip up'.

As Al placed a small stack of money on the table, enough to pay for what they ordered and leave a generous tip for the waitresses to share, he put on his hat and led the way back to the car.

And just like that the three were on their way to the radio station.

Although he was quiet, Sam was actually excited to see where Alastor worked and the place and people Edith talked so much about.

All of this was so new to him but yet so normal for Edith. Alastor never trusted him to leave the house before, rightfully so, but now he did and it felt wonderful. Finally being able to breathe fresh air without the anxiety of being caught was nice.

And being able to explore and see the city without the worries of getting attacked or finding food or shelter was especially freeing.

For the first time in years he could just sit back and relax. And that's what he did...

For the rest of the car ride.

When they got to the radio station, Edith was jumping all over him, excited to show him everything, started with where he was to put his coat next to the door and next, one of her favorite people at the radio station!

The two walked forward until they got to a reception counter where Vivienne sat, typing away at her typewriter, stopping when they got to her. "Hi Alastor, Edith, and..?" She greeted, her words fading when her eyes landed on Sam.

"Oh! Hello young man! I don't believe we've met before!"

"This is my brother Sam! Remember?" Edith exclaimed, her eyes barely peeking over the desk as she stood on the tips of her toes.

Vivienne's eyes widened as she recalled the many times Edith spoke of her brother. "Yes! That's right! Well, hi there Sam! I've heard so much about you! I'm Vivienne Medrano, but you can call me Vivzie or Viv for short if you'd like!"

"A pleasure to meet you, Viv! I've heard much about you as well, all good things of course." Sam said, bowing his head slightly to the blonde lady.

Vivienne smiled before looking down at Edith. "I drew some new drawings for you to color." She said, holding a few pieces of paper and a box of crayons towards the girl who lit up upon seeing them.

She took the paper and crayons. After she thanked Vivienne, she was quick to grab Sam's hand, dragging him up the stairs and out of sight.