Special day.

Sam's eyelashes fluttered softly as he slowly opened his eyes, the morning rays making his pupils constricted.

He sat up a wiped his tiredness from his eyes. This was the first time in a while he had finally woken up after the sun rose.

Normally, he set his alarm to wake him up around five in the morning, as Alastor instructed him to whenever he wanted to hunt. He did that so much that even his inner alarm clock always woke him up around that time.

Though, today was different. Last night he had stayed up reading a book in the candlelight.

When he saw the book on the floor, it was clear to him that he had actually fallen asleep while reading and he probably swiped it off of his bed in the middle of his sleep.

The teen yawned as he  and bent down to grab the book, placing it softly on his nightstand before changing out of his night clothes and walking the few steps it took to get to Edith's room.

He tilted his head to look past the doorframe and at her bed, fully expecting to see her still sleeping peacefully, but, to his surprise, the bed was empty. She was long gone and the sheets were laid out properly, waiting for her to return, reminding Sam that he had forgotten to make his bed before leaving.

He chuckled quietly to himself, shaking his head with slight embarrassment of how his little sister could remember such a thing when he couldn't. Usually he was the one remembering things and reminding her about it.

As he made his own bed he could almost hear her playfully scolding him for not doing this earlier, it brightened his mood and made him laugh.

Downstairs, things were quiet... a lot quieter than Sam expected it to be. The only sounds that could be heard was the wind outside, the wood floor creaking slightly as he took each step, and his own breath in his ears as he inhaled and exhaled.

When he got to the first floor and still saw no one, it was clear that no one else but him was home.

It wasn't exactly a 'surprise', but he was expecting to at least see Edith... but no... it appeared he was alone this morning.

Sam felt his heartache for a split second...

...could she have forgo-

No, no, no, of course not! This wasn't a rare occurrence after all. In the event that Edith woke up before Alastor left for work, she would, from time to time, ask to join him. She enjoyed leaving the house. Not to mention she was treated like a princess by all the employees at the radio station.

The day was Tuesday, May 31, 1932. a normal working day for the citizens of New Orleans, Alastor being no different. So Sam assumed this is what had happened.

After fixing himself some breakfast and turning the radio on, it wasn't long before Al's morning show began, throughout which, if he listened close enough, he could hear the very faint giggles from Edith as she listened to Alastor telling his classic jokes.

Although Sam was disappointed by the unexpected loneliness, he didn't want to let such trivial emotions get the best of him and his day...

~

By mid afternoon, Sam had grown bored. More bored than he usually is. He tried reading and listening to the radio but it just wasn't enough to keep him occupied.