Tough memories.

When he got to her room she was lying on the bed, staring up at the ceiling. He knocked on the already open door to bring her attention to him and announce his presence. Edith looked over and smiled at him, sitting up and crossing her legs in front of her.

Sam closed the door and sat down next to her. For a while, they both sat silent just looking at the wall ahead of them. "So- you really did enjoy yourself didn't you?" Sam asked, breaking the silence. The young girl nodded her head. "Yeah! Did you know Alastor is the host of the radio?!" She asked happily.

The teen chuckled. "Yeah, Mimzy told me while you two were out. We listened to the morning Radio show as well."

"Yeah! I helped him!"

Sam smiled softly at her. "You did, didn't you?"

She nodded again in response.

The boy sighed at his sister's happy and excited expression. "Look, Edith. We uh- we need to talk about something." He said to her in a more serious tone, not knowing that behind the closed door, Mimzy was listening closely.

Edith tilted her head slightly in confusion. "Talk about what?"

"Well I- um... I've been doing some thinking. I know you like it here but- I don't think it is a very good place for us to stay and I... I think we should leave." He said, trying to sound as calm as possible.

"What? Why, Sam?" Edith asked, her expression turning from confusion to partial sadness. It melted the boy's heart.

"Look... Alastor- he's just not that good of a person. He might be a good provider but- moral-wise... He's not that good." He said to his sister- not knowing how to better word his explanation.

"What's 'moral' mean?" The girl asked curiously.

Sam sighed remembering that he's still talking to a five year old. "When I say moral I mean character. What someone believes to be right and wrong." He explained. "Alastor isn't a very good person when it comes to what he does and what he believes is right and wrong."

This only confused his sister more. "But he's very kind to me! Plus everyone in town likes him. He hasn't done anything bad to us. I don't want to leave." she stated.

The teen looked at his sister, a blank expression of plain thought on his face. She did have a valid point. He hasn't done anything bad to them. But- the problem is- he could if he wanted to. He has done countless bad- no.. inhumane things to tons of other people before. And the fact that he openly tells the people about it on the radio and reads about it in the papers without seemingly feeling remorse makes it even worse.

The problem is, Edith and Sam have nothing. No home; no family; no money... nothing. When they're with Alastor, though they're living with a murderer, they have a home and a provider. That's what makes this all the more difficult.

Sam sighed again. "Alright, Edi. I'll see more of this myself later I guess." The girl nodded showing she understood and after she did the door to the room opened revealing Mimzy.

The boy looked over to her with a shocked expression.

"Al said to wash yer' hands and come downstairs for suppa'." She said with a bright smile on her face. It relaxed Sam slightly but not enough. He hoped she didn't hear what they were talking about.

"U-Uh... We'll be right there. T-Thank you!" Sam said, giving her a nervous smile. She smiled and left the room, leaving the door open behind her. When she was gone, the teen took a breath of relief and turned back towards his sister. "Well then, you heard her. Go wash your hands." He said with a parental tone.