Infatuation.

This chapter is mostly filler with a little bit of plot. I'm mainly waiting for the full Hazbin Hotel season to come out before I continue with the main plot, as, how Hell and Heaven works will significantly change how this story progresses! (This chapter was written on January 12th.)

~

The next morning was the same as most others on the outside.

On the inside, Sam felt very... awkward.

He woke up to a cold room, as expected for this time of year. He almost didn't want to get out of bed, the soft silk comforter kept him nice and warm in the cool room.

But of course he couldn't stay in bed forever, surely Alastor wouldn't allow it.

Groaning to himself, Sam pushed the covers on him and dragged himself out of bed, yawning every so often. The clothes he put on were nothing too special just a light yellow dress shirt with a black tie. The dark brown u-neck sweater vest he wore over it was made of a soft wool and was plain without much design on it, long sleeved of course to keep him warm in the winter weather. His light brown pants were similar, designed to try and keep its wearer warm.

Had he never met Alastor, he and his sister would no doubt be freezing in an alleyway somewhere. Who knows if they would have even survived this long?...

Sam shook the thought out of his head, adjusting his tie and hair before heading into the hallway, taking a quick peek into Edith's room.

The teen chuckled lightly, shaking his head as he saw her still fast asleep.

With a small smile on his face, he walked over and sat on the edge of the bed, shaking the young girl gently.

"Edith~" Sam cooed a few times, continuing to shake her.

Edith groaned lightly as she was stirred from her dreams.

"Edith, it's morning now. Time to get up." Sam spoke, still soft but slightly louder now.

"I'm too tired. Five more minutes.." Edith responded sleepily, her eyes shutting tighter as she rolled over, facing away from her brother.

Sam sighed, rolling his eyes playfully. "I know you're tired Edi, but-"

"But the sun is shining, the weather is nice, and the birds are singing a wonderful jazz tune!" A voice exclaimed from the doorway, a complete turn around from Sam's soft and quiet tone. There was no way Edith was still half asleep now, though her eyes remained stubbornly closed.

The teen looked back and there stood Alastor, dressed in a pale red dress shirt and medium gray vest with matching pants, his black bow-tie and sleeve garters giving an elegant final touch.

"It's a wonderful day! It would be shameful to spend it inside! Wouldn't you say!?" Alastor asked ecstatically, not giving time for answers before rolling into the next sentence. "Besides, now that Samuel is better I was thinking perhaps we could go out for breakfast today! What do you two think?!"

With no time for Sam to react, Edith sprang up with a bright smile on her face. "Really?!" She exclaimed, sitting up.

"Yes! Really!" Alastor replied, walking over and opening the wardrobe closet that was against the wall. "It would be a nice treat, wouldn't it, getting out of the house?" He asked, pulling out a pastel pink dress with matching woolen stockings, gloves, and scarf.

"Now then, Samuel." He turned back towards the teen after he put the clothes on the bed neatly. "It is rather cold out today so best you go and grab yourself a coat from your wardrobe. I did go out and buy you a quite few whilst you were ill."