The radio show and escape plan.

"Gooooooood morning, New Orleans and all of my listeners in other places! It's quite a wonderful morning today! The current date is November 19th, 1929! The weather on this glorious Saturday morning is partly cloudy with a high of 70 degrees Fahrenheit and a low of 55 degrees Fahrenheit!" Alastor says into the microphone, his voice in his usual sprightly tone.

He puts his hand out towards Edith who gets the message and picks up the next piece of paper, handing it to him, proud to be helping.

"Today's headlines state that the Wall Street Stock Market has lost 10 million dollars in one single day! How dearly unfortunate! Hope that gets settled up soon! Remember dear listeners, we will get through this dark crash together as one!"

Again he holds out his hand and the little girl gives him the next page, listening to the news happily.

"In other news, the New Orleans Smile Killer strikes again with one new kill added to the long list of murders. Police say today's victim was 35 year old Edward Bosco. The body was found in a small forest mutilated and spread across the forest floor. May the lord take care of their poor poor soul!"

Husker rolls his eyes behind the glass as Al continues with the news.

"And now a message from the New Orleans Sheriff's Office, they say: 'The police department is doing everything we can to track down The Smile Killer, however as the long and relentless search for this horrible murderer continues, we advise all citizens to remain indoors whenever possible with all doors and windows to your homes locked at all times. If you see any suspicious activity, report it to the local police immediately and do not approach. Watch out for each other and keep each other safe.' What an interesting message from our protectors! Hopefully the perpetrator of such horrid crimes will be brought to justice soon!"

Another paper.

"Now then, before we get to today's stories, how about a little Jazz to relax!? We'll be back shortly!" He said. Before turning off his microphone as Husk presses a button that starts playing music.

"You are doing very well darling!" Alastor says to Edith. She smiles proudly in response.

This was very fun for her, she was getting to help a radio host do a radio show! How exciting was that, even though she didn't really understand what he was talking about, it was still quite the amazing experience for her! Getting to go behind the scenes of something everyone in town always spoke about was a once in a lifetime opportunity.

For the next 3 hours it was the same thing, Alastor read giving news statements, telling all types of stories he came up with and some that audience members sent in, all entertaining the large group of listeners. At 1:30 PM, they went off the air for what was meant to be a 2 and a half hour lunch break.

Alastor let out a sigh, leaning back in his chair. "Oh my! Entertainment is such an incredible career, wouldn't you agree my dear?" he asked.

Edith nodded in agreement. "It's entertaining!" she said smiling.

The man laughed, "That is why it is called 'entertainment' of course! Everyday is quite the experience. It never gets old!" He exclaimed, proud of the work he does. "Now then, how about we go and feed ourselves then we have a few minor things to do." he stated before sorting out his papers and walking out of the room, holding Edith's hand in his own.

"If we fail to return by 4 o'clock, do tell Anthony to take over for me." He stated. Without looking back at them Husk just raised his hand and shooed him away mumbling, "Yeah yeah, whatever." in return.

With that, Al brought Edith back downstairs and to his car, carefully placing her back into the passenger seat and driving off down the streets of their hometown. "Where are we going?" The young girl asked curiously, not really caring for the answer, just happy to be riding in a vehicle again.