Cannibalism.

⚠️Chapter warning - gore-ish scenes⚠️

...he wouldn't...

~

Sam ran back into the house, breathily heavily as he entered. Although he was in a hurry, he was still careful to keep his movements light as to not alert anyone to his whereabouts.

The house was dim with only the moon and the light from his candle illuminating his way.

He ran into the kitchen, practically ripping the door to the refrigerator open.

All that was there was fruits and vegetables and the cuts of meat that Sam and Alastor caught during their hunts...

Sam recognized it all... He knew which meat belonged to which animal just by looking at it. Venison, chicken, rabbit...

...but no veal...

The teen took a deep breath to calm himself. This doesn't mean anything. Maybe Alastor just used the rest of it earlier. Yeah, that's what he did.

The calmness only lasted a few seconds before his mind began to worry once more. How could he prove this was the case.

He shuddered and gagged at the thought that entered his mind next. There was only one way he could prove this. Alastor tended to bring... pieces... of his victims home from time to time. Sam knew this very well. And he always brought it straight to...

The basement.

If he went down there and found the...

Sam's thought paused as he covered his mouth, the nausea almost getting the better of him.

If he went down to the basement and found the body parts that the police report said were missing from this 'Frank' victim. Then it just proves Alastor didn't... feed it to them...

Sam found himself staring at the basement door. He stood right in front of it, his hand on the cold doorknob, but he just couldn't open it.

He was scared. Scared of getting caught in the basement, one of the few places he's not allowed in, despite him spending quite a bit of time there... He was scared of getting stuck there again...

But most of all, he was scared of finding out the truth.

He wanted to believe that Alastor wasn't that bad. He tried to hide himself from the truth of the environment he found himself in, but some things just couldn't be overlooked.

Sam laughed nervously as he rubbed his sweat covered hair away from his eyes.

Curiosity killed the cat. The teen recited to himself before lifting his head up with newfound confidence. But satisfaction brought it back.

With that, Sam turned the knob and the door opened with a slight creak. The stairs looked as though it led to a dark, dark abyss. An abyss that had one way in and no way out.

The boy's confidence faltered and he turned his head back towards the rest of the house.

Just go! Stop being a coward! Sam scolded himself, shifting his gaze back towards the stairs, descending one step at a time.