Drenched in crimson.

Rosie sat Edith down in the library while she went to go search for a book. "Is there a specific book you'd like to read, deary?" She asked while searching the bookshelves for a nice children's book.

"Yeah! A book called Moonfleet!" The girl exclaimed.

"Moonfleet! A great choice!" Rosie said before coming across the book and pulling it out of the shelf. "You know, I read this book myself when I was young! It was very interesting to me. It's a little bit of a hard book for your age but we'll work on it."

The woman placed the book down on Edith's lap and sat next to her. On the table beside them was a paper with a pencil. "Now then Edith, before we start with actually reading we'll have to see what level you're on. Let's see here.." she said, scanning the first page of the book before pointing at a word. "Do you know what this word is?"

The girl looked at the word and nodded. "Stream!" She said.

Rosie smiled at her. "Very good!" she praised. "Do you know what a stream is?"

"It's like a river but smaller!"

The woman nodded happily. "Well done! Now-" she took the pencil and paper off the table and used the book to write the word 'STREAM' on it. "I want you to take the word stream and write as many words as you can think of using only the letters in the word stream." she instructed, handing the paper and pencil to the small child sitting next to her.

Edith took it and began thinking to herself while looking at the paper. A few moments later she began to write a word. "T. E. A. Tea!" She said as she wrote. "M. E. A. T. Meat! A. R. M. Arm! S. E. A. Sea!" She wrote before stopping. "U-Um... I don't think I know anymore."

Rosie smiled brightly. "Very well done! Four words! That's wonderful! Let's see what words I can think of, maybe you'll know them." She said, taking the paper back and writing some more words on it. "Steam. Do you know what steam is?" she asked.

The girl shook her head 'no'.

"You know when you have a hot meal or a hot drink and there's that white mist rising from it? That is called steam! It is essentially water that is very hot and is rising from it." Rosie explained.

Edith's eyes widened with understanding. "Ohhh! I get it now!"

The woman smiled before writing another word. "Star. Do you know what a star is?"

"The glowing lights in the sky at night?"

Rosie nodded. "Correct! Excellent! Now how about this word-"

For the next few hours. Rosie went on choosing words and having Edith write as many words as she could only using those letters and then teaching her what other words meant and after the fact they reviewed the rest of the alphabet and how to pronounce each letter. The woman even started spelling out more complicated words and Edith learned what they meant as well as how to say and spell them. Even use them in a sentence. They made great progress together and the girl's knowledge of reading and spelling increased dramatically.

By the time they were finished, she was able to read an average of 5 sentences before messing up or pronouncing something wrong. A big step up from where they once were.

~

Sam and Mimzy were making good progress as well.

Mimzy explained how she started her business and how she achieved her success. She gave the boy tips and tricks, interview suggestions, do's and don'ts, financial help, upon many other things. Sam made sure to take as many notes as he could, ending up with several papers covered top to bottom as well as front and back with notes. He didn't want to miss a single thing.