The basement.

Sam's scream of terror echoed through the forest and into the ears of the young brunette who had been deep asleep just seconds ago. The sudden loud noise jolted her awake.

However, just as soon as the sound started, it stopped.

Edith's eyes peered around the dark room in confusion. There was no signs of anyone or anything and everything was now quiet.

All that could be heard were the calls of the crickets outside.

All that could be seen was the soft moonlight that peaked through the curtains.

When the girl's nerves finally settled back down, she carefully put her head on her pillow and slowly fell back to sleep, almost completely unaware of what was happening not far away.

~

The ever so soft rays of dawn began to show itself across the town as the streets began to brighten ever so slowly. The blades of green growing out of the ground were wet with the ever so refreshing morning dew.

Though it was now considered morning, most people were still asleep, warm in bed. Comfortable and at peace.

That was true for one person in this household. But not the other two.

Darkness. All Sam could see was darkness. Why was it so dark? Was he dead? Were his eyes closed? Why was he so numb? What happened? Where was he? More importantly, where was his sister?

His mind raced with an endless amount of questions. The feeling in his head slowly came back as he opened his mouth slightly and opened his eyes. The flickering light of a lantern to his right was just enough to slightly illuminate the room he was in. It was dark and it was cold.

"You're very fortunate to have the privilege of breathing, young one." An all-too-familiar voice echoed from his right. Sam slowly and carefully tilted his head to the right and saw Alastor sitting at some sort of workbench, facing away from him. "But don't get greedy. Things can still go very differently if you fail to proceed with caution, Samuel."

The teen gulped thickly. Even though the room he was in was dim, there was still enough light for him to understand that this was a room he hadn't been in before. Not to mention, if Alastor was threatening him again, he had to have done something wrong. What happened? Why couldn't he remember whatever it was he had done?

Al quickly finished what he was doing before turning around to face the boy who was still on the floor, too weak to move.

"Then again, I believe I have given you this warning a great deal of times. Yet you have failed to heed it every single time."

The man's tone was unreadable. Sam couldn't tell if he was angry or upset or anything for that matter. The teen has learned that such a tone was never a good sign.

The feeling slowly started to return to his arms and hands, then his legs and feet not long after. The tension of his situation and lying in the same position for however long has made his muscles ache but when he tried to move his limbs to more comfortable positions, he was stopped by ropes attached to his wrists and ankles.

"Ah yes, I apologize for the restraints. I couldn't have known how you would have responded to the situation. I'm not a time traveler after all!" Alastor laughed at the joke that barely registered in Sam's mind. "Now then, I will loosen your restraints for your comfort as long as you remain as calm as you are now."