Released.

Author-Chan here! I'm not feeling too motivated to continue this story since it's really not getting as many reads as I was hoping it would... So, mind it please if I start getting even slower with updates, or if chapters get shorter. How many people actually read these notes, comment and lmk. :)

~

Edith watched intently as Alastor placed the materials on the napkin, feeling rather uneasy about the situation.

The man looked at her eyes which were open wider than usual. "Would you like to go into the dining room so you can sit? We are able do that if you wish, dear." He offered.

The girl nodded her head slightly. It would make her feel a little better to sit down.

Alastor grabbed the materials and went into the dining room, holding the door open for Edith as she followed closely behind.

As the two entered and sat down at the table Al rearranged his materials back to how he had them in the kitchen before putting on a pair of gloves, a pair that would primarily be seen in a hospital.

Edith watched as he tore a small piece of the napkin off, drenching it with the medicinal liquor and gently grabbing the girl's hand.

She flinched and pulled her hand back fearfully, not understanding what was happening.

"Not to worry, darling." Alastor reassured. "Right now I'm only going to disinfect your finger. The liquid on this napkin will make sure there's no germs on you." He explained, his unfaltering smile calming the girl.

Edith carefully placed her hand back in Alastor's as he wiped down her finger with the napkin. Once he was done he wiped down the small sewing needle as well.

Upon seeing the needle, the girl tensed up, her eyes showing lots of fear.

Alastor wasn't a man with much patience but this seemed to be different. He didn't know quite why, but it was.

"All it's going to be is a little poke then I'll put a small bandage on it. Then it'll be over. Are you ready?" The man asked, giving the child time to mentally prepare herself and after a few seconds she shut her eyes tightly.

She hummed in response, nodding her head and without a second of hesitation Alastor pricked her finger with the sewing needle, drawing blood.

Edith let out a small whine as a tear or two trickled from the corners of her eyes and down her cheek.

"Shh. You're doing well, my dear." Alastor spoke soothingly, turning her finger over and letting a few drops of blood drip into the glass vial.

Once he believed he had enough he quickly took out the band-aid he had beside him and wrapped it around the girl's finger.

"There we go, that's quite finished. Very good. Very well done indeed!"

Edith slowly opened her eyes and looked at her finger, it was throbbing and slightly hot but overall that experience wasn't nearly as bad as she was expecting it to be. She smiled, feeling proud of herself for getting through having her finger pricked.

Alastor cleaned up his materials, disinfecting his sewing needle once more and putting it all away while Edith watched, rubbing her finger.