8. Mine

"What're you doing here?" Mia inquired. Her system became alert with the man's presence.

"Why wouldn't I be here? It's my job to know the welfare of my city." Julius answered smiling. He started to move towards the beautiful woman but she stepped back further.

Mia bumped on the wall of the bus stop as she avoids the man. "What do you want  Mr. Bryne?" She asked flatly.

"You know what I want, M." The man smirked and lifted the woman's chin when he got nearer to her. "Before you respond, consider that I can provide for you and your brother."

"Thanks but, NO." Mia tilted her head making her free from the man's hold. She stepped aside to the right to detach herself from him.

Julius Bryne held her one arm and pulled Mia to himself. "I know you need the heart device, M. Don't be stubborn."

The woman just stared at him blankly while putting up her hands to separate her body from his.

Mia's cold atmosphere made the Deputy Mayor laugh a little. She has decided that she wouldn't give in to his offer and will find a way to earn the needed money for her brother.

After an awkward silence, Julius let go of the feisty woman and went back to his car. He looked at her behind the side window and secretly sneered.

'You'll be mine in no time.'

*****

After a week...

"Your highness."

"Aaron." Neero uttered as he answers the phone call.

"Sir, the whole team will fly there in three hours and will directly check-in at Mudhish Grand Hotel. I also found out that the woman isn't---"

"His Majesty has arrived!" The spokesman announced at the door of the banquet hall.

Neero hastily ended the call to give respect to the presence of the King. He reminded himself to return the call of his assistant after the dinner party.

The palace is celebrating the Princess' twenty-first birthday. Every noble family of the North territory was invited. The Shechems and Salems are specially summoned, too.

The son and daughter of the Grand Duke of Shechem were present but the maiden of the Salem clan is nowhere to be found. Little whispers are circulating inside the hall on why the Salem family didn't bring the First Prince's betrothed.

Neero couldn't care less. It doesn't matter to him if the woman would show up or not that day as long as she will be present on their wedding ceremony which will be three months from now.

"So, Duchess Dinah still doesn't want anyone to lay their eyes on her crippled daughter." Somebody uttered at the dining hall. Some high esteemed noble women joined in the conversation, too.

If one person will casually listen, the discussion will be categorized as gossip but if one is smart, there's a political mockery behind those words.

The First Prince is as still as stone amidst the several murmurs. He just watched the entertainers doing their thing and lavishly drank his wine.

The King and Queen are looking at Neero worriedly. Their attendants are updating them with everything inside and outside of the palace. King Reuben clenched his fists as the Shechem family kept on blabbering at Neero's expense. His wife touched his hands gently which made him to calm his senses.

At the other hand, the Shechems were just having fun since the First Prince ignored their proposal among the others. They couldn't accept the fact that the royal family chose a low-key household at the South territory.

The people were still standing and mingling around so the King instructed for the dinner to be served and minimize the running mockeries towards his son.

When everyone was seated and was enjoying their meals, the master of ceremonies continued the program. He called the men of the royal family to have their dance moment with the princess.

Neero will be the last one who'll dance with Tamar. It's the request of the birthday celebrant from the organizers earlier. The Princess prepared for this special moment. Her opulent gown showed her curves and her smooth skin hoping that Neero would spare a look on her.

At the time, the Princess kept on glancing at the handsome prince, who maintained his cold atmosphere all throughout the party. Neero did his duty as a royal family and dance with Tamar indifferently. Their expressions were poles apart but the Princess didn't mind.

When the music stopped, Neero let go of her but Tamar was fast holding onto him. She glanced at the First Prince and motioned for a toast. A server came with two chalice and gave them to the two people standing at the center of the hall.

"Thank you all for being here. This is such a great time and I know it will be a wonderful night as this evening progress." Tamar stated and meaningfully glimpse at Neero.

The royal family was holding their breaths and silently prayed that Tamar won't do anything scandalous. In relief, the Princess finished her speech and simply gave a toast for the night. All the guests drank from their glasses and were satisfied on how great the wine is.

After the ceremony, Neero excused himself and went to his room. He didn't wait for the celebration to finish because he felt weird.

Arriving at his chamber, he showered and called Aaron to know more about the details of his report.

"Aaron, continue." Neero commanded as he put the phone on the speaker mode and continued drying his hair.

"Yes, your highness. We're about to board in few minutes. I...I saw Madonna here."

Neero halted his actions and furrowed his brows. He looked at his cellphone over the bed and waited for more explanation.

"She isn't the person who she claimed to be, your highness." Aaron told his boss about the matter.

Neero, hearing the truth, balled his fists. How dare she deceived him?

After more details and updates, the First Prince ended the call and was in deep thoughts. His throbbing head added to his irritation and decided to rest early.

As the clock strikes midnight, a shadow of a beautiful woman discreetly approached the sleeping figure inside the First Prince's chamber. Earlier, she paid a hefty amount of money to one of the servers at the dinner party. She also bribed the guards outside the First Prince's room and let them roamed at the Palace grounds as much as they want.

The woman took her time looking at every part of Neero's herculean built. She then positioned herself above him and loosened her sleeping robe.

"Finally... you'll be mine, brother."

*****

A/N: 6k reads! What? Thank you guys. Never expected for this book to have that kind of reception. See you next week!