54. Name

A/N:  I'm back!

Thank you for prayers and messages. I'm touched! All appreciated.

I am still in faith and hopeful for my eyes to get better. I still need to undergo a few tests.🙏

Please do support this book by adding it to your public reading list.

-------

Mudhish Palace

Tamar was out of her composure when she tried to approach Mia. She was then stopped by Zinnia before she could lay a hand on the woman. No one came to her rescue when the Three Maidens got a hold of her.

"Enough!" King Reuben ignored the fact that the Princess was literally handled by the female guards. He instead assessed the current situation while looking at the young couple at the center of the hall. He had a bad feeling about the scene in front of them. There's something more and he was sure of it.

"S...son." Queen Laura weakly uttered. She thought that she needed to get her part rolling. In contrast to her sad demeanor, she silently cursed Amelia Shechem for her cunning way. She wanted to applaud and throw her to the dungeon at the same time. This young woman is subtly causing trouble for them. She looked at Three Maidens who are the solid proof of the young woman's identity.

"We're here to present ourselves to save time for your inquiries, your Majesties." Neero said respectfully and looked at his adoptive parents whom he once thought were sincere with all the things that they showed and taught him. Maybe they were good people but in the end, power blinded them.

He and Mia had thought about things carefully. After wrapping up their matters in the States, they directly flew back to the Middle-east continent to act on their plans. They need to be one step ahead to surprise the adversaries.

"Your highnesses, we will conduct a series of inquiries to shed light to the confusion. If the Princess Consort is willing to participate, we will start with her." An old official suggested and his colleagues agreed.

Neero looked at Mia and the latter just nodded.

Meanwhile, most of the officials were quiet all along and didn't bother to interrupt the royal family. They're just waiting for this kind of discord among the Jabal family so that they will have a chance for the throne.

In addition, the Shechem couple couldn't take back their response earlier. They'd implicitly disowned Mia as part of their family and it's too late to regret knowing that Neero presented her as the Princess Consort. It's futile to defend Mia anymore.

"Your Majesties, I request for a Kingdom's Tribunal." A voice blurted out while few men escorted Mia to the big door on the left side of the court hall. They stopped on their tracks hearing the clear feminine voice.

All eyes searched for the source of the sound. Duchess Dinah, as one of the councilors, had the attention of the crowd. She suggested this according to their plan.

The Tribunal is an independent body that focuses on determining disputes, reviewing the facts and giving resolutions.

Half of the officials thought that there's nothing wrong with it because nobody could break the integrity of the Tribunal members up until this day. It's only fair to give the young couple a just due process. Also, once and for all, everything will be clear.

But the other half thought otherwise. If the verdict turns out to be unfavorable to them, their chance to the crown will become slim and Neero could have it. The hall became unruly because of different opinions.

King Reuben lifted the scepter and everyone halted. His personal aid whispered to him and the king made known his decision to the crowd. "I hereby grant the request of the Duchess of Salem on one condition..."