43. Trap

Unknown Place

"Why?" Mia asked, not showing any emotions.

"Why? I should be the one who should've asked you that question, M."

Mia didn't react and just stared at him.

"You really don't know?" Julius Bryne was amused.

"It's been two days since we've captured you. And guess what? Your prince married another woman!" Julius grinned at her expecting to see a heart broken expression.

Mia raised her brows and waited for him to get to the point. The man started to be serious when her face was still void of emotions.

"M, the First Prince merely used you. See? He didn't plan to marry you. And you, getting in the way most of the time, ticked off someone who is high." The man informed, dragging a chair close to Mia and sat down across her. 

"What are you talking about?"

"In your state, you cannot get what you want in an instant." Julius smirked as he brushed his fingers on Mia’s forearms. The woman moved away from him, making her upper body lean in the opposite direction. Even though she's wearing a long sleeve beige crop top, she can naturally feel the grime radiating from the man's hand. 

Julius Bryne held her jaw and shifted her face close to his. He doesn't know about Mia's marriage and just as the same, he still wants to covet her. His backing is high enough to let him do what he wants with the girl.

In realization, Mia could only think how brave Julius had become after the incident in a house back in the States. She's sure enough that Neero already sealed the pervert man's fate following his attempt to take advantage of her. Julius is just a pawn and the person behind him is what she's been curious about.

"Who are you working with, Mister Bryne?"

Julius let go of her face and stood up. He walked around her, thinking about the right words to say. Then he squatted in front of Mia saying, "Indulge me for a night and all your questions will be answered. I might even instruct my people to retreat in stalking your adoptive family — the Pietas."

“What did you just say?” 

“You heard me, submit to me and those men won’t harm your family.”

Mia was enraged but suppressed the feeling, playing it cool and slowly nodded at the man. It can be assumed that Juliette and the others are safe as they speak. She’s also thankful that Thomas is with the Shechems and won’t be endangered.

Julius leaned in to kiss the woman but Mia avoided it. He grabbed her jaws and forced it to face him.

“I’m… I’m uncomfortable.” Mia softly said as her eyes pleaded. She purposely flapped her forearms, emphasizing her tied hands. She's trying to remember what Zinnia had taught her as she was convincing the man to free her. 

Mia discreetly moved her right leg backward as Julius untied the ropes behind her. Fortunately, the man chose to be in the same position and blatantly unbind her from the front. She tolerated the man when he intentionally nuzzled her neck while he undid the ropes.

Julius was bewitched by Mia’s natural fragrance. When he thought that he would get what he wanted, he excitedly unrestrained her. Not far from standing up straight, the woman suddenly used so much force to elbow his neck near the throat and then booted his shin. Unsatisfied, Mia also kicked his shaft and Julius involuntarily contorted his face.

“Ahhck!” Julius groaned painfully, not knowing what to hold first. Son of a gun!

Mia used that moment to search his body for any communication device and went to the door, turning the knob.