58. Ready

States

"Can we give a round of applause to our very special guest." Ruth encouraged the crowd.

"Now, may we request for the star of the night to say something about the collaboration." The former duchess added.

The spotlight located Mia and the noise died down. Some of them only got to hear her pleasant voice from the audio interviews. Everybody was eager to look and hear her at the same time.

Leah was already thinking of a way out when Mia stood up and slowly walked forward. Devon, who was standing beside his wife, was beaming at the approaching woman while Ruth was smirking.

Ruth planned to expose the bare face of Mia. Earlier, she ordered some people to turn off the electricity temporarily.

As the model stepped on the mini platform, there was a sudden brownout. Ruth extended her hands towards Mia's face, gripping a piece of cloth before the power came back.

When the power was up, the people adjusted their eyes and were surprised at the scene in front of them.

Suddenly, there were two handsome men on the stage. One is the president while the other gave rise to a commotion among the audience. The ladies were ogling and shooting hearts at the biggest investor of Yushkova Tradings.

The man was clad in a debonair midnight blue suit, standing protectively beside the mysterious woman. His jaw was still clenched as he quickly strode beside his woman before the lights shut off. If he was late by a second, Ruth will succeed on her plan.

Mia locked eyes with him and smiled encouragingly. Gradually, she saw his body relaxed and a hint of longing can be spotted on his soft gray eyes.

The former duchess discreetly looked at her hand only to see a handkerchief which was Devon's.

The president saw his wife's action and tried to dismiss it. In effect, Ruth clasped the napkin on his chest pocket.

The emcee coughed and acknowledged Neero, giving the microphone to him. He was still startled and encouraged the royal man to give a short message which wad not on the script.

"Good evening to all. Sorry for the outage but fortunately it was only temporary. I want to congratulate the team for landing this great collaboration and successfully carrying out the production. I also sincerely thank our marvelous endorser for giving her yes despite her busy schedule. Last but not the least, for those who worked hard for this project - our dear employees, an incentive awaits you. Keep up the good work and let's enjoy the night." Neero spoke, looking at his wife then to the audience at the end of his speech.

The hall became more lively because of the great news. How fortunate of them to have a generous boss! The music started and the people dispersed, happily.

"Congratulations, Mr. Yushkova."

Devon looked at his bastard brother. He glanced at the hands of Neero which was settled behind Mia's waist.

"You always join the fun, Mr. Jabal. Too much of it may also bring harm." Devon replied, sneering inside.

Neero smiled at the implicit threat. "If I am deprived of the fun, what will be left of this company?" He said with a low voice as the emcee announced something.

Left with no choice, Devon backed down and pretended to pull his wife to dance. He also warned his mother to just ignore Neero.

"So, mister..." Neero faced Mia as he finally heard her sweet voice. He led her to the corner of the dance floor and swayed their bodies to the mellow music.