23. Commotion

“You don’t know how long I’ve fantasized about this moment, M. At last, you will be mine.” Mr. Bryne maliciously uttered as he slowly approached Mia, who was positioned in front of a life-size mirror. He instructed the woman to stand there while stripping to his boxers. He stared at the alluring woman, who’s wearing a maroon crop-top and puff-sleeve blouse paired with high-waist denim pants. In his eyes, the woman is the epitome of innocence and charm.

Mia shut her eyes, trying hard to calm the nauseous feeling as the man hugged her and sniffed her hair.

"Don't close your eyes, M." Mr. Bryne uttered as he lifted the woman's chin, indicating to keep her eyes open and watch him make love to her. His filthy hands wandered around her body and then slowly went south. His hand reached the hem of her shirt, ready to tear it off, when a series of pounding can be heard at the main entrance. The man’s temper became affected because of it.

What the heck!

He let go of the woman when the sound didn't stop. He wore a pair of shirt and pants in a hurried manner and irritatedly opened the door.

“What do you think you're doing?” Mr. Bryne grumbled at his men. He specifically instructed them not to disturb him at any cost.

The men couldn't answer him as if they were being watched.

"Julius." A female voice echoed outside the hallway. Missus Bryne was already approaching the entrance accompanied by a tall figure behind her. The woman's demeanor is full of confidence and her eyes are sharp. Her dark orbs scrutinized her husband as her instincts were telling her something was off.

"What are you doing here?" Mr. Bryne asked in return, trying to keep his cool. His brows were scrunched prompting his bad mood.

"Why shouldn't I be? It's our penthouse. Why are you here at this hour, anyway? Shouldn't you be at the city hall?" The woman squinted her eyes at her husband.

The security around the penthouse is oddly stricter today and their men had delayed her arrival at the vicinity. She wanted to talk with her husband about the charity ball that will be held on New Year's Eve. But Julius' staff told her that her husband hastily left the office. Of course, her loyal men informed her that Julius is with another girl.

The tall man, who was watching silently in the background, smirked at the progressing ruckus. Mr. Bryne turned to his direction and was surprised to see him there.

On the other side, the little commotion outside had reached Mia's ear and she collected herself. She needed that chance to escape Mr. Bryne's plan. She prepared herself if ever the situation got worse.

"And him?" Mr. Bryne asked with disdain.

"What about him? Don't be rude to our guest, Julius! If it wasn't for this young man, your presence here wouldn't make sense. This man informed me that they need your expertise about a confidential business deal. He told me that the prince’s fiance has gone here ahead of time. Is she really there?" Missus Bryne uttered in a calm tone looking at the entrance. She knew the importance of the people involved and dismissed the thought that her husband brought an indecent woman to their place.

And right on cue, a beautiful feminine frame appeared from the entrance and smiled confidently. Her eyes traveled and were drawn to the fifth person who had just arrived at the scene.

"Done?" The handsome man looked at her intently and watched as the woman made her way out of the rotten room.

"Yes." Mia replied and gave the man a peck on the lips. In return, the noble man naturally secured her in his arms, never intending to let go. She shuddered in his protective stance and felt that she could crumble anytime thinking of what could have transpired if this man didn't come.